Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Tuesday Shuffle ~

Yesterday was a tiring and long day. Not fully recovered from Sunday and pressing on after work to get the grass cut, lawn mower tuned, getting some order to the garage and finally planting 1/4 of my lettuce until it was too dark to see - left me dragging this morning. On top of all that - I went to bed at 10:45 or so - almost made it through CSI - until 2am. Done for at 2am........ how does this happen? Dogged tired and wide awake. I got up to read a little, walked around the house looking through each window like there was someone outside looking in - getting something to eat and drink then finally going back to bed and trying not to keep Carol awake. Finally I wake this morning with Adger, our big husky, poking his nose in my face. Late for work ..... hating that but in a few ways - thankful that Carol was looking out for me! Thanks Carol!!! I guess she could tell I could use a little rest and isn't it funny that my lesson that I put together on Sunday night for rock group was just about that. I had a 1-10 scale that I broke into thirds and described each part of the scale - Gods zone to live you life in, the caution zone and the danger zone. I did my best to articulate the difference between the zones and have something practical to share as well as a video clip to further explain and I just felt like I did not deliver it at all. I guess I was wrong in some ways though because a few folks have stopped to talk to me or email me and share where they are. That is powerful stuff..... I have to be honest though that I am not a peace with a few decisions these past few days. I know I should just do what God is calling me to do - am I afraid? afraid to push on to this unknown area or afraid to let go of where I am? Am I too comfortable where God has me right now and maybe in some ways being complacent? I don't know ... - so many of us live in fear these days. Afraid to take the step to come to Christ in fear of what others may think - afraid to get off the sidelines and serve God - for some, afraid to even come to church, in fear of being judged or not having their lives right before coming to God- afraid to venture out on that business idea....whatever it is- being afraid keeps us idle and keeps us from moving forward. It keeps us in the danger or even in the red zone.
I just want to keep my dreams out of the way. I want to do Gods will and live His dreams above all else. I know His dreams are bigger and better than my own. This morning after my ride into work since I over slept - a song came on through my Ipod after my podcast lesson. Dude..... I tell ya it couldn't have been more perfect. God, You are so good. No matter your struggle today - is that something you could honestly say? "God, You are SOOO Good!" If you can and mean that with all your being - then you are in the zone.... Gods dream zone and that is where God uses his children. We are His hands and feet loved ones..... be CONTAGIOUS no matter what you are going through. Everyone is watching ~Show them who Jesus is to you~

Jeremy Camp - My Desire
You want to be real, you want to be empty inside
You want to be someone laying down your pride
You want to be someone someday
Then lay it all down before the king
You want to be whole, you want to have purpose inside
You want to have virtue and purify your mind
You want to be set free today
Then lay it all down before the king
This is my desire, this is my return
This is my desire to be used by you
You want to be real, you want to be empty inside
And I know my heart is to feel you near
And I know my life It's to do your will It's to do your will
All my life I have seen
Where you've take me
Beyond all I have hoped
And there's more left unseen
There's not much I can do to repay all you've done
So I give my hands to use

God, my steps are your steps. Lead my feet where they should go Lord. Help me to put my dreams at your feet so that I may live Your dream. You are bigger than anything I am struggling with and the things I am afraid of. Help us hear your wispers Lord that are full of encouragement and hope. Help me focus on You. Help us focus on You so that others may see You through us. Lord we thank You and love you for all that You have given us and have done for us. Use us now Lord - help us, help our church Lord, be Contagious for you and for your purposes and praise. Its in Your sons most awesome name in Jesus that I pray,
Amen

No comments: