Friday, February 25, 2011

This has been a long, tough week. Ministry wise as well as personal. Yesterday, I just could not take in one more thing and I was so thankful that a few of my close kids invited me to the movies. Though I didn't have much to say and they spoke to each other mostly, it was good to just sit and watch the big screen and let my mind, body and heart just unwind.
Today in my book as I continue moving forward in it - "Do Something" - It has really wrecked my day with the challenge today. I wont share it today but I fully plan on doing this before I head out this evening to see one of my students perform in her talent show. She is my compassionate kid and I am really hoping she has fun and not so much as to the pressures of winning. Takes some nerve to get on a stage and sing - no way could I do that. I dont have the gift of song that for sure... I have trouble clapping in rythm. :)

I want to challenge you today and not so much as to share a bunch of stuff for this Friday. Let me leave you with a question that you can fill in your own blank.

This _____________ was just another opportunity for God to prove is faithfulness.

As you go through your days and through your struggles, what is that thing that you carry around that if looked at differently, it would not be that struggle but an opportunity for God to prove himself once again in your life? God was is it in my life that this big huge weight is really an opportunity for you to show me your faithfulness.
As the song goes from Chris Tomlin - "Not to us but to your name, Be the glory."

So I will leave you with that today. Praying you are at a place today where in your heart -"but because of all God has done for me over the years, I know He will continue to take care of me".

Lord the next time we are in pain, being ridiculed or frustrated, I ask that you show us who you want us to be a model in suffering for. I pray that we would have the maturity to share the hope and comfort with others even while we are still hurting. And please give us the strength to be an enouragement to those who are trying to encourage us. I pray that your word in Romans 1:12 would speak to us today. Amen

No comments: