Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Had such a long day yesterday with work, Middle school basketball game which was fun and the leadership meeting last night at church. It was good to finally get some sleep after the last week and half. It just tough when you have something that is bothering you, you cant define exactly what that is but the scene and scenarios just play over and over in your heart. It just keeps you up at night. If I didnt know about prayer to get me through these long mornings, I just dont know where my heart would be.
Thankfully, being surrounded by people who know my heart keep me straight even when its hurting.
I have been reading my new book "Do Something" by Miles McPherson and while only in chapter 4 - I have taken the challenge that each chapter is stretching me on. I have sent a private note to someone in my life who has been on my heart and shared a story and gave encouragement to her. She is in a tough place in life and though God is very real in her heart - its often times tough to shine through the darkness around her. I got a reply back last night and it not only made me smile but it put tears in my eyes. Those are the moments that make this Student Ministry so worth the heartache, the struggle, putting up with the drama and pouring your heart for Christ into them so worth it. When one of them show up and is blazing with Gods light... even during times that are hard and seem the darkest for them - all you can do is be encouraged and press onward.
I had another challenge that I had to write out about a situation in my life that I need Gods help with. I signed and dated it and I am trusting God in this situation and in this relationship. The other was identifying something in my life that I needed to work on to please God. I had to out prayer on that list. I do spend a quality amount of time in prayer and I know from when my life is frazzled and things bother me that shouldn't and I am short with people and when I am just full of worry - I know my prayer life needs to up a notch. As I spoke last week on prayer - It really has me leaning in on the subject and wanting to know more about deepening that connection with Christ through my heartful prayers. I have ordered another book which I will work through after this one and compliment it again with Pastor Furtick's - Sun Stand Still- book. I may even put together our next small group series around that topic. Prayer..... what a wonderful thing it is to be able to talk and share your heart with Christ, who is always willing to listen and I just image when that quiet time starts - His face smiles and He leans in to hear what we have to say. Gosh that is an awesome thought right there......

Anyways I am excited about LOL bible study tonight. I had been working on my lesson for the past 2 days and even had a few folks read it over. I ripped it up this morning and started over. I think God gave me something so much better to speak on than what I had before. Praying it connects with each student tonight in some practical way.
Message is from Matthew chapter 3 and speaks of Jesus had to identify his brokeness through us in order to do something for us. Our seed of compassion is in each of us and some grow to amazing levels while others barely burst a leaf. Compassion on others is the only way to be able to see the brokeness in them but first we have to see our own brokeness to see someone elses. When we can speak through our pain and struggles, its only then we can see the pain and struggles of others - otherwise the very people we are needing to help we will only hear mumbles in their tears.

If you want to make a big impression, then speak to a crowd but if you want to make a big impact, speak to a person. That is where my heart is - making an impact for Christ.

Grateful for my message back and knowing I am making an impact in the life of one student who will turn and make her own impact for Christ in her world. Brokeness has been seen and its through the eyes of Christ.

Coffee time now with Holly and Abby...C&C - Coffee and Conversation. Perfect together~
Lonnie~

No comments: