Thursday, February 3, 2011

Its been a busy week. Not sure which end is up right now but God is doing some amazing things thats for sure and I am just humbled and blessed to be even a small part of what is going on and what God is doing.
I got 2 calls today from Jamaica and plans are moving forward and quickly for that matter. Has me back on my heels a little as I try to get some information out on who would want to go and get things lined up for dates and what exactly our group wants to do as far as missions. I am so excited about this and I am sure as time passes here in the next few weeks, excitement will grow and grab those on the edge of that big decision. I am so excited to just take part in a culture far from my own and see the needs of people. Real needs, not needs that I don't have the latest Iphone 4 or my sandwich for lunch is made on the wrong kind of bread. I am talking needs of folks who without school lunch, if they even get to go to school, is their only meal that day. Needs of drinking water that is clean instead of the stuff they have been drinking that would make us all sick. So as plans come about and God unfolds what he wants us to do - I will be sharing this journey with you. Lots of hurdles to jump but I trust in Christ and those hurdles will be moved in their proper time and in their proper way.

Tomorrow morning I am pretty excited to be leading YCI at Kyles school. This is my first lead role and teaching the kids will be something new for me. I am pumped to share a simple but hopefully an impactful message in one that they can use right then and take with them. I will post more about that tomorrow. Be praying for me if you would please, addressing 100 students in school for Christ is an amazing thing and my heart so badly wants to pull this off for Christ. It takes years to get a program like this in a school... and then to have it flourish is even more amazing.

I wanted to share 2 Corinthians 9 with you today. I will let the words sink in and hopefully touch your heart.
2 Corinthians 9- Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also read sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give , not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written: "They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteousness endures forever."
Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lords people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

Generosity and gratitude come from the heart. Grateful living is living life at its best. Show it to everyone through your generous heart. It just shows up and speaks up all by itself.
Are you grateful today for something or for someone?

Don't just say it .... show it - it comes from the heart.

May God bless you through your gratitude ......
Lonnie~

No comments: