Thursday, November 4, 2010







I want to take a break from my regular "thewalk" posts and just share a little bit about my evening last night. Me, Carol, Kyle, Kayla, Morgan, Christa and miss Carol went to see Addison Road and 10th Ave North in south Charlotte. I have to say there are a few songs that 10th Ave North played last night that I will never be able to hear the same again. I never really felt that much worship in their music until last night and see them up close and personal. I have seen them before and since it was their show - they took the time to come on stage and talk to the fans. They shared their hearts and vision for why they do what they do and its not all about the music, the songs and being on stage - its about doing something through what they do. They partner with a rescue mission for children and people caught into the worlds slave trade. They partner with an organization that adopts children and provides life changing basics to them. It was just really awesome hearing their hearts as if they were sitting right next to you over lunch and how their vision is contagious.
Their music was very much a prayer written and played to music. What an act of worship to be part of. I couldn't even sit in my seat and during this song "Times" pretty much had my heart, along with others near me, in a very moving place where God got a chance to speak. Sad how some focus on their cell phones or carry the days struggles along with them when they should be focused on connecting to God in a way that doesn't happen every day. I mean when is the next chance to experience something like this and being so powerful. Sad how the vision of some folks is focused on themselves and not focused on more of what God wants you to focus on.
There is so much more to live for and pour into than just the mundane everyday life we mostly live.
Times ~ 10th Ave North
I know I need you
I need to love you
I love to see you, but its been so long
I long to feel you
I feel this need for you
And I need to hear you, is that so wrong?
Oh,Oh. Oh,oh. Oh. Oh.
Now you pull me near you
When we're close, I fear you
Still Im afraid to tell you, all that I've done
Are you done forgiving?
Oh can you look past my pretending?
Lord, Im so tired of defending, what I've become
What have I become?
Oh, Oh. Oh, Oh. Oh, Oh.
I hear you say,
My love is over. Its underneath
Its inside. Its in between.
The times you doubt me, when you can't feel.
The times that you question, Is this for real?
The times you're broken.
The times that you mend.
The times that you hate me, and the times that you bend.
Well, my love is over, its underneath.
Its inside, its in between.
These times you're healing, and when your heart breaks.
The times that you feel like you're falling from grace.
The times you're hurting.
The times that you heal.
The times you go hungry, and are tempted to steal.
The times of confusion, in chaos and pain.
I'm there in your sorrow, under the weight of your shame.
I'm there through your heartache.
I'm there in the storm.
My love I will keep you, by my Powr alone.
I dont care where you call, where you have been.
I'll never forsake you, My love never ends.
It never ends..........
Those are words to take comfort by today. No matter your struggle or pain... God is there with you along your journey.
James 1:2-4 When tests and challenges come at you from all sides - consider it a sheer gift.
You know that under pressure, your faith life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. That train wreck in your life may be steps to grow and smile as a seasoned follower of Christ.
Read the words again loved ones..... the prayer is in the song.
Thanks Addison Road and 10th Ave North for a great evening or worship. May God continue to speak through your music, your song lyrics and deepen your prayers. Amen
Lord thank you for the night light you put out in front of my life each and every day. Amen.
Lonnie~

No comments: