Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Seeing is believing.....

I heard this the other day and it has stuck with me. Seeing is Believing. Its such a human sight concept that is so totally not what God has in mind for us. He truly wants us to be Believing is Seeing..... because once we cross over in belief - our eyes are opened and we can see the things that way He intended us to see things...His way.
My walk in Matthew this morning that really stood out to me because of this new vision.
Matthew 7: 1-5 "Don't pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults— unless, of course, you want the same treatment. That critical spirit has a way of boomeranging. It's easy to see a smudge on your neighbor's face and be oblivious to the ugly sneer on your own.
Aren't we all just ready to point out others faults and problems and ignore the person we see in the mirror each morning? We are to have a comforting and loving dispisition, one that reaches out and loves on people no matter what. I recently said this to one of "MyKids" (who know who you are) that I just loving spending time with her. She has such a sweet spirit about her - one that shows maturity in her young years for her age. I am eager to just pour into her because she is receptive and eager for more. Kyle is just the same way. He was upset the other morning before school that he wasn't exactly sure how to reach the other kids in his class for Jesus. "Daddy, How do I shine for Jesus if I don't really know how to do that?" - an 11 year old who wonders these questions ahead of friends, school work and lunch time is for sure on the right paths AMEN! - Anyways, last night we went to the Lifeway store and got him a few Jesus loves me pencils - he raided my stash of crosses that I make and give to the kids and put them on his book bag and the other morning I gave him one of my Jesus fish necklaces.... He has comfort in his heart the last 2 days now. Awesome..........
Matthew 7: 12"Here is a simple, rule-of-thumb guide for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you, then grab the initiative and do it for them.
So many times we sit on the sidelines waiting to get invited, waiting to get asked before we jump in and do what it is that is on our hearts. If you see a need that you can use yourself - go ahead and get it done for someone else. They probably could use it. We have a wonderful meals ministry at church - I know because we have used it in the past and very thankful for those meals and the love of the people who love and care enough about us to go to all that trouble. When we see a need in the church and a family is struggling ... get the meal made and extend it in love to them. Its a blessing that has such rewards for everyone.
Matthew 7: 26-27"But if you just use my words in Bible studies and don't work them into your life, you are like a stupid carpenter who built his house on the sandy beach.
What good is it to listen to Gods word and not apply it in your life? Our lives should be in constant change in learning and growing in what God is teaching us through His words... every Sunday there should be a part of the message that just rocks your world. What is holding you back? What is built into your heart that is keeping you where you are? If you keep doing the same old things over and over again, it is foolish to expect a different result.
Matthew 9:12-13"Who needs a doctor: the healthy or the sick? Go figure out what this Scripture means: 'I'm after mercy, not religion.' I'm here to invite outsiders, not coddle insiders."
I just loved reading this this morning. Jesus was not about being like anyone else or everyone else. He came with something so different, preached and spoke so differently and only cared about speaking the truth. Our lives are meant to be lived in the overflow in the cup of life. Not in the half empty glass or the half full but life in abundance. If life finds you today just passing you by with no prupose or fulfillment .... Jesus is what you have been searching for.
Believing is seeing -
Matthew 9:29-31He touched their eyes and said, "Become what you believe."

Let me ask you today -What are you believing in? What do you believe in yourself? Doubts today ... surrounded by folks who tell you that you will never get out of that situation or it will never get better? What are you believing in? ......
Believe and then you will see~
I got an email this morning from one of my closest kids. She had written a prayer for me and I want to share that now.

"i said a prayer for you today, and i know god must have heard.
i felt the answer in my heart, although he said no word.
i didnt ask for wealth or fame..... i knew you wouldnt mind.
i asked him for treasures of a far more lasting kind.
i asked he'd be near you in all things great and small.
but it was for love and care i prayed for most of all! <3"

Morgan I love <3 you 2 and I felt this prayer all day today...after wiping the tears from my face this morning. Thank You sweety. Blessed to be doing life with you and your family. God is going to do amazing things through you. Awesome knowing even "MyKids" have my back in prayer. Words just can't explain how that makes me feel~ :)
Lonnie~

No comments: