Friday, September 25, 2009

Its who I am....














I found this picture a few days ago and it has really wrecked me. Honestly, taking a good look at this picture reminds me who I am today. If only mom could see this. To see who I have become and how life for me has turned into something far different than just a few years ago. This picture was taken during the summer at our Thirst Camp (student ministry camp) week. We got up early after a long day that went well into the morning hours. Very little sleep but ready for the day ahead because the Lord was the focus each day. Morning time spent in the bible for everyone, devotions and then we prayed together before we headed out the door. Why does this not have to happen each and every day? Why do we need to lose the vision like we had that week in our everyday lives? I am still working and serving hard to invest in the kids in this picture as well as many others. I am very blessed to be able to pour my heart into them as I do my best to show them Jesus. They in return are showing me Jesus and we are doing life together. Loving each other, sharing the good and tough times... its what its all about.
I was told at camp that week that I may have a job working at a university but it is not who I am. Those words still ring into my heart and soul today. I have become so much more. Not to say its all about me because I humbly pray each and every day that what I do and what I say will reflect the love of Jesus to others. I pray that for "MyKids" so that they too can do that to those in their lives and circle of friends. I have a lot of work to do. I am blessed to be doing life with some other caring and compassionate people who love Jesus as much or more than I do who share the same burn in their hearts. God has me where I am today and I am so very thankful to be serving Him in any way I can - big, small or whatever.
Yes Lord, Yes. Thank You ......... sweet Jesus thank You. Mom .... you have been on my heart that last few days really heavy. Wish we could sit and talk some.. maybe on the back swing or at the house on the carport. I would take anywhere right now. I know you are happy and enjoying all that heaven has its a much better place than here for sure. I long to be there when that time comes. Wont be any sad thing here but a party and something left for families and "MyKids" to remember that I loved with everything I had and cared for each of them with all my heart. I know you would be smiling and that alone makes me smile - even with tears in my eyes... I am still smiling because it is who I am.
Lonnie~

No comments: