Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summertime.....Revival

I have really enjoyed the rains and t-storms the last few nights here this summer. It has been a long time since being in this weather pattern here in NC. The last few summers have been long, hot and dry ..did I mention long? Plants and vegi gardens and lawns have really taken a hit with the abuse we do to our water systems. I find it hard to believe that it was 105 in Seattle last week. With the jet stream around 35,000 ft or so pushing that hot air that far north and deep into Canada ... its only time before that weather stream pushes east.
These past few weeks have really got my heart in a stir. I can say that Thirst Camp really had an affect on me, not only with what God was doing in and through me but also with the students. I have to be honest - I am having trouble putting things lately into words. Especially having trouble with getting my thoughts and heart written into "The Walk"
I have been giving some extra thoughts into the word Revival. Revival from Dictionary.com = 1. an evangelistic service or a series of services for the purpose of effecting a religious awakening. 2. restoration to life, consciousness, vigor, strength, etc.
Isn't it funny how churches today plan for revivals? I just have a hard time thinking that through because in my little mind - Revival is personal. When things in life are hard and circumstances get to the point where we just don't know if we can move past them - we run back to God. We turn from our sin, we make the decision to have God get involved in our lives and in our problems - we experience a new level of understanding and growth. Revival is personal and has nothing to do with your dad, mom, aunt, uncle or friends.... its us turning back to the Lord. Tuesday evening worship time at Thirst Camp - I got to see revival happening. Not a dry eye in the place, hearts being changed and all attention put on the Lord - all of us together. It was not planned or scheduled... it was an amazing experience. Nothing breaks our Lords heart more than when His children refuse Him, walk away from Him, or not ask Him for help. I still think today's families are under such attack because Satan knows to get the fathers aside - to make them doubt and fill their lives with meaningless things that take them away from their children, their wives and their families. Work becomes more important, money becomes more important and we run scared from talking to our children about hard things like sex, appropriate clothes, drug abuse, their friends and dating.
I am taking a stand for my family ... I am taking a stand for other families because I love "MyKids" too much not to step forward and be afraid.
God will lead me and my roots are digging in deep for there will be times ahead of heat, dry weather and little refreshing rain. I often think about living my life in the overflow of life's cup .... I know what that tastes like now. Refreshing indeed......
love you all
Lonnie~

No comments: