Sunday, July 19, 2009

The night before.......

This will be my last post for the week everyone. Just letting you know - nothing is wrong, should not be in the hospital or come down with the swine flu - I am unplugging from TV, internet, email, facebook and cell phone. It is going to be a great week and probably wont have time anyways for such stuff and that is what it is ... stuff.
I am sitting here, the night before our middle and high school church camp -Thirst Camp - and I feel like this big huge thing hanging over me. Meaning, I know that God is going to be rocking my world, He is going to be rocking the worlds of those that I will be leading and investing in and honestly - since last Thursday after our Thirst Camp meeting - I haven't slept all that good because of the excitement. I am ready to get the party started!! I am so ready and so pumped to be investing into these kids. Rock Group tonight started with the foundation of camp, house rules, camp rules, and why we are doing what we are doing this week. We will be taking the practical love of Jesus to some families in our community by serving them and working on and in their homes ..... These are families who are in need and if our faith has no actions - then it is a dead faith. So we are reaching out and serving others this week! I know everyone is excited about it and just as eager to experience what God has for us all. For some - it will be a time away from home... it will be a good spread your wings season for the kids as they get away from parents and stretch out of the comfort zones and open themselves up for what God wants to teach them.
Hanging with these kids I know is going to be hard and in case you didn't know - I am 43 and well OLD. So - prayers are welcome LOL. Anyways - I am just really excited about this - I feel in my heart that this in part is in my calling to minister to these young folks. I want to open my heart and life experiences into them all while pointing them to Jesus.

I am excited God with what You are going to do this week. I am excited for "MyKids" Lord and what you will be showing and teaching them. Use me as you wish this week to reach these kids in new and incredible ways. I know You will be teaching and showing me things but it is for them that I am shining for you. Help me pour my heart and energy into them this week ... may this be a life changing week all around. Thank You Lord for using me and bringing me to a place of being humble and asking You for more. I pray all this in your sons name in Jesus,
Amen

Cya next week everyone. With love, compassion and peace that only God can give you,
Lonnie~

No comments: