Thursday, July 16, 2009

Busy day today and blessed to have Kyle and Madison this afternoon for lunch and some time at work with me. I do enjoy the time I have investing in them no matter where that may be. They did have to get home in a hurry since Carol called and said that Kyles snake, Kudzu, was missing. After much searching and looking in every crack of the room, Kudzu was found. IN THE TANK. Thank goodness.......... so I eagerly wait for tomorrow to try an afternoon again with the kids. The Beaver family is leaving for Peace University tonight for orientation. Madison will get to spend a few days with us and we are blessed to be able to do that. She is a great kid in so many ways.

I wanted to finish up my time in 2 Peter today - Scripture comes from 2 Peter 3
8-9Don't overlook the obvious here, friends. With God, one day is as good as a thousand years, a thousand years as a day. God isn't late with his promise as some measure lateness. He is restraining himself on account of you, holding back the End because he doesn't want anyone lost. He's giving everyone space and time to change.
I am reminded of God timing and not my own. I know even after 2-3 days of praying for something or over something - I grow impatient with God as I seek His solution and will. Many times folks pray over things for their lifetimes before it is answered. I prayed for years for Walt to come to know Christ and was blessed beyond measure when he finally accepted Him in his last words on earth. There are many children out there who have parents who are praying for them for years .... often times answered but some that are not. Our time frame is not the same as Gods. It is all in His timing ........ I am also reminded that when we are down and hurting, not seeing a way out and things are just beyond what we know and think can be fixed is when God steps in and does what He does best. He cleans it all up and makes things happen even if we agree with the result or not ... its all good because in Romans 8 it is said that 28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
So no matter your struggles today loved ones, God is in them. It is a topic we will be talking about at Rock Group this Sunday .... I am really fired up for next week and about this topic. I feel so often times that people get weary when they don't get the answers they are looking for or even an answer at all .... often times we quit praying just before ..... God answers us. Like children we can't have it now, all the time, when we want it - even if we kick and scream.... we would be booted out of Walmart too! - God is patient with us and give us what we need when we need it.
I know God loves us ........ and I am grateful He does. He also gives us a great example in how to love others - no matter the circumstances.

I will close today in 2 Peter 3:
11-13Since everything here today might well be gone tomorrow, do you see how essential it is to live a holy life? Daily expect the Day of God, eager for its arrival.
Love and peace loved ones,
Lonnie

No comments: