Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Shoulders.....

I have had such a peace about me the last day or so. Trying to work out a deal with replacing the family vehicle, making the decision to trade in a vehicle that I have always wanted and have had for the last 6 months or so - as well as parting with something that belonged to Carol's dad. It was a tough decision choosing what is best for my family and not what feels good and what I wanted. If I had to get the old van fixed - fine. If I got the deal I wanted to get the new van - fine. Its in Gods hands and that is where I placed it. He is in control..... and I realize that this is all part of my story.
See loved ones, we each have a story. Our lives share that story with others. What we do for a living, how we lead and raise our families, where we live, how we treat people, how we adjust to struggles and we even have a story when it comes to God. How we come to a place where we decide to follow Him or continue to reject Him.
I am reminded by a scripture in Romans 10:14
14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
I have been talking the last few days about the grip that God has on you and how folks who have been walking with Jesus have fallen off and are walking alone now. That really does break my heart but what also breaks my heart is the dear ones who we continue to pour into every aspect of their lives and they continue to follow their paths. They have their fingers in their ears so they can't hear like little children. They continue to fall and scrape their knees and cause so much drama. Is that the story for them? Is there a better story? The hope of the world does not rest on your shoulders, but the hope of someone does. Sharing your story is part of a big step forward. As I look around and see so many struggling it is deep in my heart to continue to reach them. My story as an example that God has the shoulders to carry them. When life is hard - don't unplug but PLUG IN. Do the things that allow you to grow in your understanding of God. Even if you are mad and confused - His grace and love will shine through it. As I said in an earlier post - the longer we are away from God and the things of Him (church, small group, quiet time, godly friends) the harder it is to hear, to see, to feel, to know and to experience Jesus.
God uses all kinds of people with all kinds of issues and struggles ... to expand and glorify His kingdom. He can use you right where you are right now. In that place .......
Surround yourself loved ones, feel the encouragement, feel the prayers, listen with open ears, a loving heart and an open mind - share your story. I bet someone listens.......
Who is on your shoulders?
Lord I pray for those who are struggling today. I pray for that person or persons who are walking along side someone today who need direction and encouragement. I ask that You give them encouragement and strength Lord to continue to carry the load. I pray for the person with closed ears who is walking their paths Lord, that they may hear, that they may see, and that they may feel what is around them. I pray that not only are they preaching your word Lord but also living Your word. I pray that Your light shines for others to see who You are and just how big Your shoulders are. Carry us Lord, lift us through those tough places we are in today so that we can build our lives around You. Help us to focus in and stay plugged in and doing the things to keep us walking on Your paths Lord. Surround us in every direction... take our hearts, our minds and our souls. Lord You are MIGHTY to save - You can move our mountains. Help us with our stories Lord.... may they be stories that glorify You and Your son Jesus. Its in His mighty name I pray, Amen
Love you all~
Lonnie

No comments: