Monday, July 13, 2009

A fresh start ...

It is good to be back. I basically left everyone - hanging up my keyboard and laptop and basically unplugged. Wow it was weird the first day or 2 but then it was ok. I enjoyed the time I would normally be online, checking email, writing on this blog, reading other blogs and of course facebook. It was a good and much needed time to unplug and unwind from the technology world we live in today. I basically did not even watch much TV.
Vacation was good with time spent with friends to start the weekend off - family with Bob and Katie coming into town from Penn until Thursday and then finishing up the week at the beach with a great family. I for sure got too much sun on my face, played too hard, enjoyed good food and fun and slept like I have not done in years. Usually it takes me days to unwind but this past week was much different. I was content where I was, when I was and who I was and who I was with. Life is good....
First day back to work this morning had me hitting the snooze button - no time for breakfast and really wanting to unwind into a good cup of coffee. I am thankful for my job and once here it was ok. Groove will be back tomorrow.
Have a meeting now so I am off here. I am just feeling very blessed with the people in my life and the people that look to me for guidance, advise, council and for showing them the practical love of Jesus. It is because of Him - I am where and who I am today.
I will leave you with 1 Timothy 6 today ....
6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

More tomorrow about this.
Love and peace always and bless the peacemakers in our families~
Lonnie

No comments: