Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Continued thoughts...

As I continue to reflect on my past week in the mountains and at the beach - something becomes clear... This recession is hard to find in some places. While out on the boat going up the inter coastal waterways, a place where Carols mom and dad spent a lot of time on their boat, it is amazing to see the $$ going up and down and on the coastline. I often wonder what these folks do for a living, what kind of business do they own or what paths in life they have walked. These are all things that come to mind about my post yesterday - we can't take it with us but in the same breath - did we ruin our chances to invest in family, friends, church, our children to obtain such possessions and things.
I am reminded in Psalm 106:36 for just one reminder in Gods word: 36 They worshiped their idols, which became a snare to them.
Sure it takes such a big investment of our time, energy and passion to obtain such things in this life but at what costs?
I am reminded by a few things from an email yesterday and I want to share them now. Great email Carol and thanks for sharing!
~Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your Friends and parents will
~Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone
~Its OK to get angry with God. He can take it
~Its OK to let your children see you cry
~Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
~No one is in charge of your happiness but you
~Believe in miracles
~God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
~Your children get only one childhood
~All that truly matters in the end is that you loved
~Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need
~The best is yet to come
~Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Our church Student/Youth camp is starting next week. I am especially pumped for what God is going to do through our kids and our leaders. I am especially pumped to be investing a LOT of myself into my team of kids and those 7 kids that Carol and I are hosting for the week. It should prove to be an awesome week on many fronts. These kids have different strides in life, have struggles and experiences and I look forward to molding them together in unity for Gods purpose for them. I especially am praying hard for their return home knowing that their families are important and their parents, especially dads, leadership for them. If dad is not there - then my role is that role.... I accept that and pray it honors Jesus in doing so.
In the end we each matter .... its personal .... its special. Things don't fulfill us and make us happy but having each other will do that and all through the love that Jesus has for us as He is the example of what Love is for each of us. Our sins put Him on the cross and He came to complete us. Life is not meant to do it alone - reach out loved ones..... there is someone who needs you. A daughter, son, family member, mom or dad, uncle/aunt, church friend, coworker or someone elses son or daughter who you have influence in their lives......
These are the big investments........
Humbled today and thankful for what the Lord has blessed me with - You.
Lonnie~

No comments: