Thursday, June 18, 2009

God reminds us who He is.....

I wrote on my facebook page this morning just something plain and simple - its from Joshua 1:
7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

I see too many people today walking around with their heads down and what seems like life's pressures just dragging them down piece by piece. Yes life is hard, there have been seasons in my life where it has been TOUGH. I remember not long ago after my father n law left to be with the Lord - I was having some heart things.... what I thought was my heart skipping a beat was indeed after some tests and walking around with a heart monitor for a few days was indeed an extra beat. It felt like a skip but its was an extra beat. Weird feeling and scary -- thus the doc sat me down and asked what was going on in my life. 43 years old now ... getting to that place where I am going to have to really keep my health in check and do all the right things to keep my health up -at least in what I can control. Stress ...... who me? I don't have stress.... I am dealing with life just fine. I am handling things.... I have always done this and have always done that just fine.... hey I just need some time off...some vacation. We get some time, long weekend .... back to it. Like losing weight...when we go off the wagon we gain the weight back and then some. Much like our lives......we remove some things and then take them back on and in the process we take on additional things. There is always something to do ... something needs to be done. Life gets crazy .... and before you know it. Life is weighing us down....... things start to fall apart. Marriages and relationships and kids and work .... it all builds up.
The bars are full of people ....... they are there for a reason and that is to numb life.... and when we numb life .. life doesn't stop or change... it is still there. We just ignore whats happening.
Our lives then become heavy and we sometimes forget we have a God who has our backs. He is there even if we don't feel Him, see Him, or hear Him. He is there all along.
Like a magnifying glass.... we use them to make the object bigger ... its still the same size, it is still there..... we just need help seeing it. Often times we look at our problems and issues through that magnifying glass trying to figure it out.....trying to make it work.
We need God to be part of that ... He is our magnifying glass and through His eyes - we can see what He wants us to see.
This passage spoke big time this morning to me..... and I am very thankful and humbled once again to understand it.
God is who He sais He is ...... for those who need to lean on something, or who have lost their way, or maybe are struggling with expectations, or maybe something has changed in your circles........ lean on the one who created you and who knows you and understands you.

Be strong and courageous loved ones......

Spending some time with some of "MyKids" today. I am taking them for lunch and they are spending the afternoon with me here at work. Tonight the ladies are going out and I have their kids at the house.... maybe swim nite or movie nite.... its up to them. Little by little - showing them who they are.
Gods...... when we have God with us .... who can be against us? I am doing what God has called me to do .... and loving it.
Lonnie~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lonnie, that post really spoke to me today...as you know I am dealing w/ a transfer of schools and trying to use that magnifying glass to "fix" it. I know God's plans have been in place before I even learned of my transfer...I have had to (and am still struggling to)turn all of my worries over to him and trust that whatever the outcome it is HIS will. Thanks for being an inspiration and speaking the truth! Shannon