Thursday, June 4, 2009

Busy Busy Bee

This week has been a blur. Sorry for the lack of postings here on "The Walk" but things are rolling right along with our without them. Yesterday was a long day but a day to look back on. Kyles school had their field day, which I volunteered for, which consisted of games and fun for the 3,4,5th grade classes. I was 2 classes short of reaching all 500 kids yesterday. Outside, 90 degrees and a pretty high energy game for 4 hours really did me in. Had to then run to work and finish setting up a retirement party for one of our deans here in the college - didn't feel much like a party for me - Carol called me 10 minutes before it started and told me that the Element was smoking and oil was dripping out of the bottom of the engine. Our dog Payton, the smart one, has been illing the last few days. We dropped $500 or so on her the other day at the vets - seems all her tests came back normal. I slept with her on the couch last night to give Carol some rest. She only got me up 3 times and then slept all the way through after 2am. I would have never thought that the wilderness, below 50 degrees and love it, 1000 mile runs in Alaska would be so WHIMPY! She better not be whining because of the little patch they shaved on her leg to get an iv in ..... Our last dog Meeko did that when the vet came out with the cotton ball to wipe down the area before giving her a shot .... we all just started laughing in the room........
Anyways - I missed seeing Kyle today for lunch. For some of "MyKids" there - I missed our last lunch this year. I will be headed tomorrow to another Elementary school to have lunch with a child who I have been wanting to go have lunch with now for a few months. The family, she and I are very excited about it and should be a great time investing in her. God will surely use this time for His glory ... I can't wait!
The Bateman clan is then headed tomorrow to the cabin overnite - bringing along some of "MyKids" - hope to get some tubing, laughing and just some fun time together. High School graduation for Lauren Beaver Saturday as we celebrate with her and her awesome family. I am so thankful our families have grown closer the last year. Kyle and Madison are just awesome peeps. Looking forward to enjoying that time together with them. Sunday we have our K-5 childens party as we wrap up another series ... Pastor Jimmy opening a brand new series... and we can all celebrate what God is doing through our church. We have baptised over 50 folks the last 2 weeks with a service at the park and last Sunday.... totally awesome days to be part of all this and plugged into such great families who are pumped up and on fire for Jesus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvGx0K4FssA&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fjimmybritt%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded
This is our latest video we made .... enjoy. It brings tears to my eyes knowing that these folks and many others are now living a new life, with new purpose and meaning and a new destination! God you are awesome ....
Love you all - Peace out~
Lonnie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sleeping on couch and taking care of PayPay..! You are too good to me...! Man, it's been a week, just plain busy. We need to catch our breath...! Thank you for being such a wonderful husband, awesome father, and a great mentor to all the kids we do life with...! Wow - 4 kids to cabin this weekend --- should be a blast...!

Love ya ~~
Carol