Wednesday, June 24, 2009

3rd night of VBS

I am really looking forward to our 3rd night of VBS this evening. Almost ready to roll out and get into action. Hey being Professor Duncan Donut has been fun and having to stop at Dunkin Donuts has been such a treat all this week. I am loving the cold coffee around 5:00 ..... its getting me through. BUT there is something much more - other than the fact a sweet child screamed across the parking lot as she was getting in the van with mom - I love you Mr. Lonnie - it is teaching these kids about Jesus. It is reaching out in love to the families and making smiles all this week. It has been nuts at times, stressful at times but it has been a blast.

I am leaving with a piece of scripture that has been with me all day today. It comes from Proverbs 3:
5-12 Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own.Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track.Don't assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil!Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life!

I feel more alive than ever, I can't say my bones are vibrating but I can say my heart is. I can remember my mom telling me after a long trip to her house from mine and having 2 hours of worship and praise in the truck ...that I was glowing when I came in. I am feeling that again this week.... so very blessed and so very thankful. God You Rock!
VBS now ... got to roll out.....
Lonnie ~

No comments: