Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday - a different Monday~

I am not at work! That is different and it will take me a few days to get used to the fact that I am off work until Jan 5th - and a new year! Unplugging is something different ~
Had a good day with my dad and my family in Mt. Airy yesterday. We had our family Christmas and even though it is SOOOO different than years past - God tells us to look through the windshield of life and not live our lives through the rear view mirror. I got a chance to address the family yesterday and to me- that is such a huge responsibility. I have never been in that role but I guess mom knew better and knew what was ahead. I had some things to say but only got a few things out - we were all hungry... and I could tell my sugar was low... so I cut things short. I really wished I stuck it out though~

Last night we got to watch the Panthers lose to the Giants with some great - AWESOME - people. You know who you are - and there is nothing I would change about last night spending time with you all - except the Loss!!!!

We are at the cabin for a few days. I can honestly say Kyle is bored for the first time here in the woods... I guess this might be the last time we come with just Kyle and us ... WOOHOOO!!! I am all about investing in others...... if you know me - you know what I am talking about!
I am looking forward to a few days of down time - Christmas Eve services at church as many of "MyKids" will be there.... that is exciting - I miss everyone! Our rock group families have not got together in a few weeks and I look forward to hanging with everyone on the 28th...

Well - I am out of here...... Will post as time and events allow~
Lonnie~

No comments: