Thursday, December 11, 2008

Carol - I just don't know where I would be without you. I had a few minutes to sit this morning after praying to get some thoughts together to put on my blog. I was up at 5:10 this morning waking in mid sentence in prayer...so many things heavy today. I am still no further along to update this blog. BUT -
I wanted to update everyone on the Salvation Army last night, next Tuesday's opportunity to go to distribution night, Kyles birthday, Uncle Buster having stroke yesterday and my Aunt Sharon, the girl in Kyles class who I told on Tuesday that I have been praying for her for weeks now as she was giving me a hug - she is going through some things we hopefully will never go through, our new Worship pastor decisions coming up, the tough sharp words of gossip and having to rise above that, Julie's surgery, little Adam, the long journey we are on with Hayley and her mom, lunches with "MyKids" and making time for each of them, leading the families in our rock group, being a daddy and a husband ..... and following Jesus.
I just don't have words for all this today. How is that encouraging and uplifting? I have to place these things in Gods hands - I never thought that following Jesus would take me to such hard and messy places. Our personal ministry that Jesus has called each of us to - is a hard one. It's hard going to places and shining for Him but it is something we have to do because we are called to do it. No wonder pastors of any size church end up out of ministry all together. The weight they carry for people is unreal.
Carol - thank you for your post this morning and putting my heart into your words because I know you are feeling it also. Thank you for walking with me, supporting me and following Jesus with me. My tears flow today ......... but thats ok.
I know Lee McDerment probably will never read this but if you do - thank you for your song - "Love Is" - it is really getting me through right now bro.

Last night before we left for the Salvation Army - I spoke to one of our pastors outside... you know who you are - thank you for listening bro.......

Yes ministry is messy. People are messy. Relationships are messy. Reaching people for Jesus is messy. Our faith and following Jesus cannot be and should not be luke warm. We either have to be cold (not believing at all) or on fire (all in) for Jesus........ luke warm is a trusting faithless walk. Who wants warm tea, beer, coffee, sweet tea, water??? It has to be cold or hot..... to be any good at all.

What is your temperature today?
1 Peter 4:8-10
8Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.

Lonnie~

No comments: