Wednesday, December 10, 2008


11 years has gone by since my life changed. Kyle is 11 today and in many ways its hard to believe 11 years has went by so fast. Back in 1999 when Kyle was just 2 - I had a close call with leaving this earthly home due to a sickness. It took months for me to recover and in some ways - that experience too has changed my life. God let me live and healed me so that I could continue to be a father for Kyle. It is the greatest role that I will ever play. But it is one of many roles that a father must have. I take each day now as "Precious" and asking God to continue to bless me as a father. I don't have all the answers nor do I not make mistakes but God has indeed blessed me with a wonderful son.

Above all things - I know that Kyle is Gods child before he is mine. Kyle knows God and is walking his life so far in His paths. I am very proud of some of the amazing things Kyle has shown Carol and I over the years. He has such a demeanor about him that shows through - he loves people and he really cares about them. He has surrounded himself with an awesome bunch of peeps and is a good judge of character. He is always making people laugh and in tough situations - he knows just what to do and say. He has suffered through the passing of 2 of his grandma's, a grandpa and an aunt..... we were at the nursing home when his grandpa was first admitted and Walts first roommate was sick. He died a few days later and Kyle and I were coming to visit. When we walked in we were met by his grieving family. His wife was weeping and I reached out to comfort her. She then pulled Kyle in and Kyle asked her - "Why are you crying - your husband is in heaven and he has waited his whole life to be there" She stopped crying and a big smile came over her face. She began to tell us about his life, his journey and his service to the Lord through their church. It was an amazing moment with such a few words. Kyle also adopted miss Lizzie when we were there. She has dementia but she always remembers "Banjo" and smiles so big when she sees Kyle. Kyle had played his guitar for her and that she remembers of all things.

Happy birthday Kyle - I am proud of you and love you more than I have words for. God has truly blessed me with a great son and looking ahead - I am excited to see what God has in store for you. He has great plans in your future - May he use you buddy for great things to bring glory and honor to His kingdom.

Love you buddy,

Daddy

No comments: