Thursday, May 12, 2011

If you are a leader in ministry, your ministry reflects you. Your passion for Christ is contagious. Ask God to increase your heart for those without Christ. He will. God will send someone - Maybe even a bunch of someone's - Whom you will care about. Some you will care a LOT about. Your love for them will increase. When that happens, you get it, and its almost impossible to turn off. Your prayer life increases. You are looking for opportunities to shift conversations toward spiritual things. You are ever aware that you are representing Christ. When you have IT, people tend to want IT. Your passion for Christ is contagious.

Today Lord, make my heart for you contagious today. I am so excited for Java4Jamaica tonight at Rocky River Coffee company to help us raise funds for our mission trip in June. Lord I pray that you bring a house load, a heart load of people who see your bigger vision for our lives and want to be a part of these things. Help us raise the money by bringing in folks who are on board with serving others and even if they cant in this adventure we are on may they see it with helping us financially. Lord the students that are going, Kyle, Morgan, Taylor, Zack, Emilee and Kate may come back with changed hearts, bigger vision for the things of you and hearts full of compassion for others. So much so Lord that it changes them completely.
Lord as I lead the student ministry at church, help me continue to have the capacity to love these students. Help me see them with the heart that you have for them. Help me invest my time, energy and passion into them to bring them up and empower them that you have great things in store for them. Help them be at peace with their lives and the things of their past so that they can move forward in life and experience you in a mighty way. May this peace be extended outward Lord to reach others. Its because of your grace, mercy and love for us Lord that we can live this life with hope. May my heart be a reflection of you Lord in all I do, in all whom I lead and all who I set an example for.
I pray in Jesus name,
Amen

No comments: