Tuesday, May 24, 2011

An earthly Birthday

Another year in the books. I wonder if thinking back is the right way to look at a birthday - maybe it would be better to look ahead for the birthday year. A milestone at 45 years old. Or 45 years pushing toward 46? - Gosh thats something to think about. Regardless- I am very blessed to have yet another earthly birthday. I do want to say that the real birthday blessing comes on July 10 - back in 2005 - I was baptised publically and that being my spiritual birthday. I am blessed beyond my what my little mind can comprehend because of what Christ has done for me. Its also been 6 years now since getting my phone call from my mom wishing me a happy birthday. That is tough in its own regards but I am smiling knowing that she is probably leading a choir of folks singing praise to God and that is what I have been focusing on the past few days. Just reflecting on being thankful. Thankful for my heart and that God has it and for my family, with the greatest wife I could ever ask for and a son who brings so much heart into my life. Kyle you are an amazing son and there is so much in you buddy that you dont even know yet. I know as you spread your winds and find your place in this world, I pray that your love for Christ will continue to keep you focused on him and the bigger things ahead for you and all who journey with you. You have amazing friends and they keep you grounded as you keep them grounded. Love your sense of humor buddy, glad you got that from your daddy. Carol breakfast was awesome this morning -looking forward to leftovers for lunch. Thank you for always keeping me focused, aiming higher and encouraged when sometimes even this encourager is down. We all need perspective sometimes and you give me the room and freedom to pour my life into the students who God has trusted me with for His kingdom and purposes. I am a pastor to them even if I may not have that title - I am who God has created me to be and I hold my head high with that calling on my life. thank you for giving me that freedom, that time away that is carved from our time together to do this important ministry work. Its hard sometimes taking a back seat, listening heart to heart and showing folks Jesus - even when its hard. Thank you miss Carol. I love you more than I have words for and I am blessed in SO many ways.

Tonight just going out to eat with family and a few friends. Carol is big on this American Idol show so I guess I will be watching the final tonight. Dont realy know who is in the finals but hey - sacrifice right? Anyways, its been cool getting all the happy birthdays on facebook today. I am taking the time to reply to each of them. I for sure dont like all the attention ... I'm just not like that at all. Have to work a little on my message for Jamaica - I cant wait to preach Gods word there and share his love with the good people of Jamaica. No pictures, no video clips, no ipad - just me a few notes and God leading me. I honestly cant wait ... Mom - never in a million years would I have thought I would be doing this, leading my life for Christ, have so much passion in my heart for others to know Him, to have a heart for teenagers - Gosh - it overwhelms me at times. I am just blown away at times - Just yesterday I had one of my new plugged in students, she is in 6th grade - she sent me a picture of her with her cross necklace sticking out in the open as to show it off. Posting it on facebook - I have given my heart to God. Thank you Lonnie for leading me and getting closer to him.
Gosh - that is a birthday present knowing that one student, one person is living their life for Christ. I had a part in that..... humbling, honoring and life changing.
Thats a present that will never get old and worth opening :)

GOds best today loved ones and thank you! Thank you~
Lonnie~

No comments: