Wednesday, December 29, 2010

We are still in Milford PA. The blizzard the blasted the northeast this past Sunday - we missed the snow part of the blast but did get about 10 inches and blizzard conditions with 50 mph winds. It is a heat wave today as it will be in the 20's. It really does take great effort to do anything up in these parts. Its nice when it snows at home because its so nice knowing it wont be around long and you can just sit and enjoy it. Here in the northeast, the winters are long, snow lasts almost all winter on the ground and the cold takes it toll on you, your home, your car ... it was odd being at the mall earlier this week and seeing all the folks wrapped in layers and layers of clothes. In Charlotte we have people who wear shorts all year only to bring out long pants on the coldest of days.
Last night I had a tough time getting to sleep. I just had an uneasy feeling about things and not sure why or even what but I do know that God puts me in a prayer mode just for those reasons. My boss's mom past last night and Kayla's dad had a stroke. So I guess my uneasiness was justified. So please be in prayer for them and their families during this difficult time.
Kate is doing well and adjusting to being at home. She is really happy to be here but time will tell as she plugs back in to her society here and proves herself. I think she is a very different person than a year ago but still some things run deep and take time to change.
Kyle and I are headed home tomorrow. Going to get an early start since its 675 miles. Looking forward to the day spent with Carol's aunt and uncle today. Carol is making some family dish that is always a fan favorite.
As I look ahead to the coming weeks, I do know some changes in my work out schedule will be taking place. I want to continue to read as much as I can and start the year off with my heart in the right places. Compassion to reach those far from Christ and who need a helping hand are on my priority. I also want to start planning our Jaimaca trip this summer and get things scheduled. There will be some changes at church with leading the students and how our systems work ... I am not exactly sure what I will be doing or who I will be leading. This has me a little uneasy but I know that God has a plan and I will roll with it.

Lord make me a kinder gentler person that you want me to be. Luke 6:38 - Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Lord may the coming season of time Lord, help me see others as you see them. Help me pour out into their lives as you would have me do. I pray all this in your sons mighty name in Jesus.
Amen

Happy new year loved ones. May this be a year that turns your life into something so much more than you ever imagined.
Lonnie~

No comments: