Friday, December 3, 2010

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I am bankrupt without love.

Love never gives up
Love cares more for others than for self
Love doesn't strut
Doesnt have a swelled head,
Doesnt force itself on others,
Isn't always, "me first,"
Doesnt fly off the handle,
Doesnt keep score of the sins of others,
Doesnt revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

One of the most powerful ways to communicate love to people in our life is with words. Words matter! Like yesterday's blog loved ones where we choose the words we use - Yes actions are necessary to back our words up, but at the end of the day, you have just got to get some things said. Make it a goal this weekend to put these 4 things out there and spoken into the people in your life.

~ I love you - Say it, dont mumble it, dont text it, dont hide it. Even if your kids, no matter their age, they may fidget or look at you like you have lost your mind - they will remember it.

~ I need you - Men, tell your wives you need them. Carol I need you. My actions in life may sometimes communicate the opposite, but I want you to know that I really need you. I really need the close people in my life and because of you, you make life what it is.

~There is no one like you - Wives, as a husband we need to be told that sometimes. Standing in front of hundreds at church, working at a large organization, leading students - nothing means more than standing out because of what God has placed in your husbands heart. Sometimes being that man who is not doing the same things as most men is really hard. This really helps knowing that we are not like everyone else and the pain and struggles to live life larger make it worth it when coming from someone who loves you.

~ I thank God for you - Tell those important people in your life that you thank God for them. Pray it together and watch and see what happens. Use words to tell those in your life you are thankful for them and when they get up off the floor, hug them and thank them.

These people I am speaking to in your life, you know who they are, tells them they are a priority to you. Get those words said...... It really does matter.

No comments: