Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I took some time on this cold morning to print out some pictures. Not sure yet if I will be giving them away but for sure I pausing long enough to just look at them, smile for that person in my life who is impacting me in such huge ways and in many ways I am learning to love again. See there are milestones in our lives where we learn to love in new ways. As kids growing up, we love our parents most of the time, our family and our friends. They all shape us and influence us when we are young. In many regards its during these times we really learn how to get our love legs and know we are loved and how to give love. See some people don't experience those things, some dont have family close to them or have been hurt in the past and wont let anyone love on them. Its a tough situation for sure and one that keeps so many from living that potential that God wants us to have and have in Him. See God defines love and is love. He loved you before you even knew who he was. There is no greater sparkle in his eye as you are in his. Like a husband and wife getting married, a parent having a baby - these are all milestones in our lives. For me, I can honestly say that God pulling me out of the trenches that I was making out of myselfish life was a milestone for me. The people that God has placed in my life to do life with and my adopted kids that surround me. They are milestones in my life. Hopefully one day as a grandparent will yet again be a milestone. See this love thing changes us from the inside. It has nothing to do with our appearance or what we look like. I am sure there are days where I look just down right scary to some but on the inside - where my heart is today it just amazes me at times.
Last night as I sat down for supper. Kyle handed me a handwritten note from one of his classmates who I used have lunch with from time to time in 5th grade. I don't get to see her much these days but when I do - we are always greeted with smiles and a hug. She has had a tough go of things in her young life and knowing that, I always try to go out of my way, reach a little further and speak a little softer. I remember praying before lunch time for her, with her before she ate and those little things she still carries with her today. Her note asked me to visit her church, she misses me and Carol and still considers and always will be family to her. That just puts tears in my eyes. Sharing a heart like that means that God is still doing something in her life and might just need a little encouragement or a person to remind her that she can do it. I look at these pictures in my office and see God working all around me. Last night as I walked out of the gym I grabbed a note that the Y has on the front desk. It has scripture written on them and I often times grab one on my way home. Lat night I grabbed - 1 Timothy 2:1 - I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them, intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.
Lord I thank you for this note and gentle reminder that we should pray for all people. The children and families in Jamaica, Kenya and the world around. Help us be your hands and feet and bring your love and grace to them. Those who are hurting and sick, bring peace and comfort Lord. Give those who are lost a vision and a purpose in this life that can only come from you. As my friend who gave me the note yesterday help those who have had a seed planted in life Lord, someone to encourage them along the way, bring them closer to you today. Walk with them and nourish the seeds that have been planted. Help them reflect on the people in their lives who are good and true to being a good role model and example for you. Thank you for all who are on our hearts today and be with them in this day you have given us all. Amen
Today I want to close in Luke 11:37 - it might take me 2 days to get through this but hang with me.
When Jesus had finished speaking, a Pharisee invited him to eat with him; so he went in and reclined at the table. But the Pharisee, noticing that Jesus did not first wash before the meal, was surprised. The the Lord said to him, "Now then, you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also? But give what is inside the dish, to the poor, and everything will be clean for you.
Whenever Jesus uses a ! in the text, imagine him screaming it and being emotional about it. YOU FOOLISH PEOPLE! - Jesus is telling us that what we appear as is not always what is on the inside. Our person as a whole has to match. We cannot be living 2 lives, appearing to have it all together to other and on the inside be mean, selfish and corrupt. I think about the missions coming up and all the hearts being touched in those days and if a heart is in that place loved ones, focused and full of desire to love on those who are hurting and need love and joy from Christ - it will show up on the outside of you life! It is said in Proverbs 27:19 - As water reflects the face, so one's life reflects the heart.

What footprints in this life are you leaving? Appearance is all about the show. Hollywood and fake people are full of the show. What is underneath is what really matters and is important. Your heart will explode outwardly into your life if you are living your life with heart. How you are living your life today - what is it telling others?
Jesus tells us to give what is on the inside to the poor, the less fortunate, to those hurting, those in need, those who just need a hand up and not a hand out .... give what is on the inside loved ones and everything will be clean for you.
You have already received the best Christmas gift you will ever receive. Share it so that others may receive it as you did. Its life changing, its inward living outwardly. Its putting others ahead of self. Its reaching out to worn hands and little fingers. Its reaching out of your comfort zones. Its lovely and full of life. That gift is Jesus. He and only He can change the inside so that you can live on the outside.
It might just bring you to the waters edge, so you can learn to love again.
Lonnie~

No comments: