Thursday, December 16, 2010

Schools are closed today for the big snow event that has bread and milk flying off the shelves. Odd thing is - doesn't a snow storm need something? Like snow? - not any of it here so the kids will be dipping next week into their Christmas vacation. I will sleep in that morning..... :)

I am headed out of town today after finishing up a few things here at work. Headed to Winston to see my older brother Danny. I have hardly any news on his surgery and I am just feeling God prompting me to go now. So, I am going. I have learned over the years and time and time again to listen to those whispers when God prompts me. It always has a purpose in them even if its something I don't want to do or have time for - there is always a blessing in there if I just obey and do it.
I want to leave you some scripture from Ecclesiastes 9 today. I was challenged this morning in this passage and have since passed it on to a few others - so I will share what I dig out of this.

Well, I took all this in and thought it through, inside and out. Here s what I understood: the good, the wise, and all that they do are in Gods hands - but, day by day, whether its love or hate the're dealing with, they dont know. Anything is possible. Its on fate for everybody - righteous and wicked, good people, bad people, the nice and the nasty, worshipers and nonworshipers, committd and uncommitted. I find this outrageous the worst thing about living on this earth - that everyones lumped together in one fate. Is it any wonder that so many people are obsessed with evil? Is it any wonder that people go crazy left and right? Life leads to death. Thats it.

As the write shares here that he has searched life, his own life for meaning and purpose - something lasting that he has done - he cannot find anything. When living for yourself, it leads to noplace. Its a dead end road. A life lived only to be forgotten and footseps washed away in the sand. No matter which path you walk in this life - your fate you will have to face. So no matter what - good, bad, nice, nasty etc... fate is the destination that you will face.

Still, anyone selected out for life has hope, for as they say - A living dog is better than a dead lion. The living at least know something, even if its only that they are going to die. But the dead know nothing and get nothing. They are minus that no one remembers. Their loves, their hates, yes, even their dreams are long gone. There is not a trace of them left in the affairs of this earth. Seize life! Eat bread with gusto, drink wine with a robust heart, Oh Yes, God takes pleasure in your pleasure! Dress festively every morning. Dont skimp on colors and scarves. Relish life with the spouse you love, each and every day of your precarious life. Each day is Gods gift. Its all you get in exchange for the hard work of staying alive. Make the most of each one! Whatever turns up, grab it and do it. Heartily! This is your last and only chance at it, for there's neither work to do nor thoughts to think in the company of the dead, where you're most certainly headed. I took another walk around the neighborhood and realized that on this earth as it is - The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor satisfaction to the wise, nor riches to the smart, nor grace to the learned. Sooner or later bad luck hits us all. 17 - The quiet words of the wise are more effective than the ranting of a king of fools.

Loved ones grab each day as if it were your last. Make the impression on the sand and leave something that others, maybe even a generation, will remember you for. The writer here shares with us that our only hope, future and purpose in life can be found through Christ. He found what he was looking for and he obtained happiness. I love the words to sieze life, dress festively, dont skimp on colors and scarves, relish life with your spouse and that each day is a gift. Whateve turns up, grab it, and do it Heartily! A wise man is quiet and patient as fools run all around ranting and blabbing at the mouth. If you are at a crossroads today dear ones, grab life and live to the fullest in the opportunities that God has placed before you. You may not be in a place right now that is where you want to be, but there is purpose and a reason you are there. Put your day on with a smile, dress for the day to show others who you are and what purpose you have in life. Rise above the mess and the noise so that you can see above those things - God is in them ... but often times we dont think about rising up and above them - God is above them too. Its there we will meet him and see things differently. We are lumped together - but the good, the wise and all that they do are in Gods hands.
Headed out now, hopefully driving safe with some 10th Ave north playing. Praying for a great few hours with my brother, who I got to pray with for the first time last Sunday. I will make the most of the opportunity. In my Bible challenge today - I shared on FaceBook this moring - I am Lonnie Bateman and I am second.

Peace~~

No comments: