Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What an amazing day...

I almost never read my posts after I dump them off of me and hit submit. Today has been a little different in being that I have had such an incredible walk in faith today full of encouragement and folks just sharing Christ with me. I am totally pumped.....
I have to say that after my txt prayer this morning, my day kept getting better. I got to sit lend a heartful ear with a friend at work that I have not seen in some time catch me up on his summer, his trip to China and the mission work he did there. He is also student teaching and it was fun listening to his first weeks in front of the middle school kids - he is like me - he just loves them and clicks. I also got a series of text messages from one of my students that is a freshman and how from the beginning of the school year, she cleared the table at lunch with making a bold stand for Christ in conversation and today finds herself sitting with some very awesome people eager to hear about Christ and all that is taking place in her life. She is contagious for Jesus and it is showing and being fruitful. Tomorrow at LOL we will have some new visitors and what a great night to have them - a great month ahead with a full schedule of outreach and fun things going on. Carol and Kyle are at skate night for school and I got a call from from one of my close kids that she needed a shake, so after the gym, she, her sister and I shared a shake and had a great evening talking about and through some things. I said on my way home before dropping them off - I hate this part the most. They asked whats that Mr. Lonnie - I said dropping ya'll off because I enjoy this time together. I really truly do - its such a great investment in people and that is what Christ's biggest investment was ...people.
Tonight I get home and in my inbox there is a comment from todays post that just tops off the day. I will be sure to be thanking Christ extra for a day like this. Not asking for another day but just for the timing of it - I needed it and I feel it.

Thanks Aunt Sharon for those kind words - you always lift me up after talking or an email with you. Love you and yes wish mom was here with us on this journey together. Awe the smile she would have - she has a heavenly smile today and I bet its much bigger than we can ever imagine. Love you.....
Randy

No comments: