Monday, August 9, 2010

Got an early start to my day today. Didn't sleep all that well and was up at 5:00 getting ready to roll out from the cabin to head on into work. I fully enjoyed the time this weekend at the cabin with Carol, Kyle, Zach, Donna and Morgan. Boat ran great and we enjoyed 2 days on the lake, 2 evening rides on the 4-wheelers and a little too much sun burn is a good thing. I have to admit that not even watching the TV this weekend left me some extra time to spend in my quiet time. I love being on that front porch in the stillness with a cup of coffee and just reading, examining my heart, reading and praying. It just doesnt have words to describe it.
I really was missing church yesterday - it is nice to get a couple emails, text messages and facebook posts asking if everything was ok. Being missed is pretty cool :) - Its good to take some time and get away. I mean with pouring out of my heart for Christ to all those around me - I need to get my batteries charged at times. Its nice to remove some of the things that bog me down, turn off the computer and just relax, chill, spend time with close people and just laugh.
Today brings me to 2 Peter 1:4-8-
Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the devine nature and escape the corruption in the world cause by evil desires. For this reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness, knowledge, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness and love. For if you possess these qualitites in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
I am pretty hard on myself at times. I would say that those around me - I guess I can be somewhat of a pain when it comes to faith and following Christ. I spend a lot of my energy focused on that walk and ready to have that talk, or help someone, or just sit and listen to someone's heart who is hurting. Ministry is an everyday thing. One never gets a break from it and it should show throughout your daily life. Being that real person in life, to your friends, in your actions, to those in the grocery store, on facebook, in our conversations, with our coworkers and in our families and churches. We have to be the same person all the time. I just don't see how you can say I want to get close to God again, I want to get back to where I was, I am lost right now and continue to be a person who is all over the place. I struggle with things like everyone else and for me to focus on gaining more faith in my walk with Christ through, goodness, knowledge, self control, godliness, kindness and love - I have to be the same person all the time.
Pastor Noble from NewSpring Church spoke yesterday at their services about, Found People, find people. How can we come to know Christ and not let Him change us? We can't be the same if we have been found! Found people find lost people - its our calling in following Jesus. Yeah, I'm fired up about that! This world offers nothing that satisfies and only through Christ do we find meaning and purpose in this life. When you experience that, its impossible to keep quiet.
The last 4-5 days I have been really encouraged with a few folks in my life that are just fired up for Christ. I have noticed changed FaceBook posts reflecting things for Christ instead of drama, I have witnessed conversations taking place about plugging in at church and other outreach things taking place and I see hearts with smiles on them. I love being around fired up people!

Lord I ask for your favor in knowing you more, being closer to you and having my heart aligned with yours. I pray for boldness Lord to be comfortable with being uncomfortable. I pray for the students around me that would take a chance, have a little courage and walk towards following you in all they do. Help us align ourselves to be the same person all the time and help us be the light for you to all those around us. Help us in our decisions, our choices and in our words and actions. Help us be fired up in our lives because of you and the promises you have given us Lord. Help us reach a lost world for you. I pray all these things in your name. Amen

No comments: