Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Good Friday Everyone~

Yes its Friday ... it has been a long and busy week but also notice that I said Happy GOOD Friday as well. Yes today is a reason to celebrate. I got the chance to pick up a good handful of my close kids and take them to school this morning. We got to hear a quick message at YCI about Jesus. I love my Friday mornings that start this way!
Kate will be headed back to PA for spring break next week. I am scared a little about that but I do pray and hope that a lasting impression is starting to take shape and she applies what she is learning while being here in NC with us. I have had a few really good conversations the last few weeks about things and I love those moments that God opens doors. Being scared of hard conversations puts you in bad places.... step up dads and do them for your children and the students you have influence with. They NEED YOU!

It is a day to celebrate all the things God has done for us. Not worthy in the slightest but Grace covers it all. SO thankful and humble this morning. Thank you Jesus.
Romans 5:8but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
We are headed to the cabin this afternoon. Carol has not been there since January and I am sure she is excited to have that morning coffee on the front porch. I too am excited about that. Bible open, coffee in hand and peace and quiet. A little work never hurt anyone and once that is done...my feet are going up and smiles all around. Its time for a pause...... and a much needed one indeed. Just as Jesus rose on Sunday - I am praying my family will have a renewed energy come Sunday as well and a new focus and energy in our spirit.
Lord we ask these things of you this morning. We thank You for sending Your son Jesus for us and for loving us that much. Amen

No comments: