Monday, April 6, 2009

Starting the work week~

What started out as a dreary and rainy Monday morning here, has turned out to be sunny and a great start to the work week. Yesterday was such a long day but a day that has left me just humbled on many fronts. I got to serve Communion yesterday and that is something that I never thought I would ever do, never thought I was good enough or ever felt worthy of doing such a thing. God has really walked the paths in life with me and I am just humbled to do such a high honor in serving the Lord's bread to our church family. If you are feeling like you are not worthy enough or don't feel that you are important enough to serve Christ - let me share this.
Ephesians 5:8
At one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light.
God wants to use you. There is nothing better than serving on Sunday's and serving along side the K-5 kids in our church. Carol told me last night that it was awesome seeing Beth and I have fun serving together. All we were doing were moving lunch room tables and we were racing them back to the cafeteria. I have to admit - it was fun! But what is more fun is when our kids get it. They "get" serving and it also helps when parents serve. Rebecca was the same way yesterday - not much fun in taking the stage apart and putting the many pieces back into the storage area.... until we make it fun!

My quick quiet time this morning comes from Matthew 18:
The Parable of the Lost Sheep
10"See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.[a]
12"What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.


Yesterday in our KidsRock (K-5) our leader Mike did such a great job. He had some extra time built in for prayer. There were some children that have come a few times but I have yet to remember all their names. I have a hard time with names... but faces I am good with. As Mike began to explain what we were going to pray for, one of the children reached up (I was standing and she was sitting) and grabbed my hand. I knelt down and she held my hand as we prayed. It was pretty awesome and after we said "Amen" - I looked over at her and she was looking right at me and with the biggest smile! Every single one of those children are dear to God. They are so precious and that is a word I don't use often.
Precious is defined by dictionary.com as - dear; beloved; of high price or great value;
Its a word that not many kids use as most people that use it are older because they have experienced the value in it. God's children - (me and you if you are following Christ) are precious to Him. We are dear to His heart ..... He will go to the ends of the earth to get His 1 lost child back. Just as we would do for one of our lost children.
That prayer yesterday will stay with me this week.... Its an awesome week to know Jesus. The JOY in our salvation is on my heart......... That will be heavy this week as Carol and I and some others attend a memorial service on Wednesday. I will say more about that later.....
Lonnie~

No comments: