Monday, April 20, 2009

Going at it ......

It has been a bit since last posting. Sorry about that but the Bateman clan had a few days off with spring break. We got to spend a little extra time last week at the cabin. Enjoyed some nice down time, got the boat in the water and enjoyed getting back on the lake again - very pumped about another summer up there! Got some work done around the cabin and even put in an address sign so folks can see the address. Some might be a little happy about that and you know who you are :) - anyways, we got back into town on Saturday evening. Sunday came quick as we had a few folks on the schedule for setup on vacation so being short handed really wears on me. I didn't sleep all that good knowing that its extra pressure and tension getting stuff done and ready for 400 people in Sunday mornings. Life change happens when people meet Jesus and I serve hard to make sure everything is done the way it should be done and all excuses are removed for that person. Some of our leaders got to visit another local church and see their kids sign in software. Very grateful for them opening up their doors and answering our questions. Awesome when Gods people are on the same team especially when churches work together - there is enough people to go around who need to know Jesus.
Rock Group was pretty amazing last night. I spent all afternoon in study, pacing, reading, preparing and praying for each person. We were talking about money and for the next 2 more weeks, - I am, we are, really expecting God to show us what it is He wants us to do and know concerning us managing His money. It is all His ... we own none of it ... but if we are good stewards of the little, we can be trusted with more. As the economy is in bailout mode ... everyone is wanting their little slice and fair deal. We are in this mess for a reason and our greed and wants having blinded us of being held accountable for our spending and actions. Needs and Wants are 2 very different things. Most of the worlds people live on $2 a day .... we have the extreme and are all rich beyond our imagination... the funny thing about being rich and I mean wealthy now ... is that you become more of what you already are. If you are a jerk - you are a rich jerk. If you are a giving person, you will be even more of a giving person.
I want nothing more than to be a giving person. I want to be a good steward of Gods money so that I can give and make a small difference. I closed last nites meeting with this - after asking God to give me something in His word that I can close out the meeting..... I can't say I have spent a lot of time in this chapter and that is what makes this a little more special.
Jeremiah 29
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. 14 I will be found by you,” says the Lord.

The devil is going to use every weapon he has to keep you blinded. He will keep your ears hearing the lies that you can't make it out. Your debt is too big, you will never pay for this, you are a slave to the lender - You might as well give up. You can't make enough and this bleeds into your relationships. Your wife and children will see it and feel it. You might sink into depression or alchohol..... to numb the pain. God has a different plan for you. Seek Him with all your heart and invite Him to be a part of your decisions and money. You will find Him if you are truely seeking Him. Life will then take the turn......

Paul said in Philippians 4: “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation., whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength”.
Love you all,
Lonnie~

No comments: