Friday, April 24, 2009

Push the the last part of the week,,,

It has been a long week. I am glad its Friday. Got plans to serve with Carol, Kyle, Madison and myself at the talent show at Kyles school. We are not IN the talent show but we are serving it, meaning drinks, cookies and smiles. I am really pumped about it and there is something special about seeing our young ones serving along side of us. Proud of Kyle and Madison for doing so. Too many kids today are all about themselves, drawing the most attention, screaming with every word and action hey its "ME".......
Anyways, yesterday was one of my out days. I was just dragging and maybe that is because I am not getting enough sleep, I am too out of shape to keep up or I am just not getting the proper rest these days but I tell ya, I slept in, got home from work and after supper, I dosed off for like 2 hours and then slept all nite and could have stayed sleeping this morning when the alarm went off. We did have a great time at Texas Roadhouse for lunch - Carol and I got to go with the PTA president, Kyles teacher and their entire class for lunch there. It was a lot of fun sitting with the kids and really just hanging out with them. I think the grown ups were glad I was there to talk and entertain the kids so they could have a peaceful lunch... heck I even ordered off the kids menu! Hey, being with the kids is what I am all about..... just in case you didn't know.
I am looking forward to the weekend. Some of our good peeps are headed to the coffee shop tomorrow evening for some ice coffee, icecream and listen to our worship pastor play the shop out. Should be a great time together as the weather should be good and relaxing. Looking forward to investing some time into these relationships and having some fun to boot!

I want to leave you today with a song played last night on the Dove awards by an amazing young band ... Tenth Avenue North - "By Your Side" - they accepted the Dove award and said that this award one day will just be dust, like me and you but we will have the chance to place it at the feet of Jesus and that is why we wrote this song, so that people would experience Him through this song.... it really is an amazing song. YouTube, Itunes... its worth getting.

Why are you striving these days
Why are you trying to earn grace
Why are you crying
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away
Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run To where will you run
And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you
Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
I want to give you life
(Chorus 2x)
Cause I, I love you
I want you to know
That I, I love you
I'll never let you go

Love you all, Praise God for Him never letting us go and for loving us that much. What a picture of our face, covered in tears and pain and Jesus holding it in His hands...... His hands with scars for what He has done for us and they are on our cheeks loved ones.... He smiles and tells us to lift up our face, don't turn away, He has us ... right in His hands.
Lonnie~

No comments: