Monday, April 25, 2011

Gosh its been a busy day wrapping up things here before I hit vacation with my family and extended family. I am so looking forward to some down time and in many ways needing it pretty badly. We all had a great visit from Kate this past weekend. She is in such a great place now and I am so proud of her. Yesterday while at church during prayer, she grabbed my arm and held on to it and it was really hard not to let the tears fly. We have been through so much together and I am just so delighted she is in a good place and life is in front of her now instead of behind her. We had over 700 folks come to our Easter services yesterday. It was crazy and that alone makes me excited, pumped, overwhelmed and crazy all in the same breath.
I get excited thinking about the up coming opportunities we will have to reach so many new hearts and faces for Christ.
It will be hard not thinking about them this Sunday when I am not there and wondering who I am missing. But - I will come back refreshed and ready to step up a notch or two.
Tomorrow we are being interviewed by the local paper for our upcoming mission trip to Jamaica in June. Excited about that as well as the rest of my team. Its going to be a great experience - I am really excited to hear everyones heart as to why they are going and what they will be doing. Sometimes speaking from the heart is the best way to handle these kinds of things. No thought out answers!

Bahamas on Wed - headed out - stay tuned for pictures and updates from the trip. Love some family time .... it should be a few days of smiles and memories in the making.

I will sign off with a little encouragement. Colossians 1:28 - To be mature is to be basic. CHRIST! No more, no less. Thats what Im working so hard at day after day, year after year, doing my best with the energy God so generously give me.

Even while in the Bahamas and in all the travels the next few days - ministry will continue cause God has enabled my heart to share and to love those who cross my paths. Excited for those coming opportunities - Pray for them.... they will come. Thats an awesome God putting things together for those willing to do the work. Use what you have ...... right here right now.

Have a blessed week everyone!
God bless,
Lonnie

No comments: