Monday, April 18, 2011

I have been really digging the book of Psalms the last few weeks. Last night for life group I came across Psalm 119, which if you didnt know is the longest Psalm in the Bible. It really starts off in such a great place and I want to share that today because in many ways, it is where I am. Psalm 119 - You're blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by God. You're blessed when you follow his directions, doing your best to find him. Thats right - you dont go off on your own; you walk straight along the road he set. You, God, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it. Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set; Then I'd never have any regrets in comparing my life with your counsel. I thank you for speaking straight from your heart; I learn the pattern of your righteous ways. Im going to do what you tell me to do; dont ever walk off and leave me. The last week and this week coming up will be a blur. Its been crazy busy and I am stretched in many ways but its all just so exciting! Our first time in our new classroom yesterday was awesome! It had some high energy and the students seemed to really dig their new place. Though small and room for about 30 students, having 27 to start it off with is just perfect! I am really excited about that and tomorrow night giving our high school students some time to hang out a local coffee shop should be very cool indeed. Wednesday I am just rocked out for with excitement. LOL should be an amazing time together in our new building, loud music, a drama and some preaching hopefully that will be good LOL - we are even having live music to open and close - so this is all new territory for all of us and God expects the standard to be set high so we are aiming high!! Plans for Jamaica are moving forward with us booking a local coffee shop for May 12th to hold a fun evening with auctions on baskets and fundraising with live music and a fun time. Everyone is invited to come - and to top the morning off - Carol got a call this morning from the local paper wanting to interview us for the paper!! - I am blown away by all of this and how its coming together. Blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by God. Blessed when you follow his directions and doing your best to find him. - These words just speak to me so much today. It for sure will continue to permeat in me as we continue moving forward with all that is on my heart for the things of God. As I closed last night life group with these words, I think its approriate to do so here as well. From John Piper - "We praise what we enjoy." Lord I enjoy your company, your guidance, the way you call my name, the things you are doing in me and through me, the things you are revealing to me in others and what you are doing in them as well, the faith that is alive in so many around me and even those who are clinging to a heartbeat of faith but in your perfect ways Lord, they will once again become alive and full of energy for the things of you. Lord I am smiling today and my heart is singing your praises. Help me be contagiuous and infect all those around me for the things of you, full of your word, your grace and your love. We praise your word Lord because we praise what we enjoy. Amen

No comments: