Friday, July 23, 2010

This is my last day of work in the month of July. I find myself today pumped for next week and spending time with God, serving along side 56+ students and watching God do amazing things in the hearts of those students and leaders. I am especially pumped for the first timers as well as the ones who have been before and seeing them step up and leading. I am sad that a few students have chosen to not come and clamped down on what God will do in them next week. I will be praying extra hard for them all next week.

Today I want to step aside from my daily walk and share something that speaks so much volume to me. I wish I wrote it but it is so me ... I might as well have because it is so much in tune with who I am and where my heart is. Pastor Craig from LifeChurch.tv shares this as if I spoke it to him. I am almost finished with his book IT and have enjoyed it big time and have learned a lot from it.



Your passion for Christ is contagious. Ask God to increase your heart for those without Christ. He WILL. God will send someone - he may even send you a bunch of someones. Whom you will care about. Yoru love for them will increase. When that happens, you get it, and its almost impossible to turn off. Your prayer life increases. You're looking for opportunities to shift conversations toward spiritual things. You're ever aware that you're representing Christ. When you have IT, people tend to want IT. Your passion for Christ is contagious.



Being a leader in my church, my ministry reflects who I am and I am so flippin pumped for next week and seeing hearts change, people give their lives to Christ, worshipping God with people I love so much and pour everything I have into..... My rock group kids- Kyle, Zach and Morgan ... I am so blessed to be part of your lives as well as many other close students that I get to walk with. Ya'll break my heart, keep me up at night and next week - I get to watch and be a part of God doing something that only He can do. I will be there to share, experience, pray with you and lead in the best of my abilities but more importantly - I get a front row seat. Come home changed loved ones...... just let it happen.

When you believe that God has called you to do something, you have to feel the fear in it and then do it anyway. I'm afraid a lot of the times - afraid of messing everything up, afraid to fail, afraid to say the wrong things, afraid to hurt someone - but I do it anyways because with all my heart - I know God has called me where I am today.

Be contagious ........ spread the love that God has put in your heart and share it with your world.

Thirst Camp 2010 ---- a week of change.

REVIVE US LORD!!!!

Lonnie~

No comments: