Friday, July 9, 2010

TGIF

Friday already... wow vacation is flying by and I have never been at a place on vacation that I feel this rested, at peace and not looking forward to going back to work. There has been a LOT that has taken place since I last posted. It has been good to take a break from writing and sharing my heart. Its like talking all the time and sometimes we all need to slow down, even stop sometimes and just listen. Listen to what God is saying, others are showing us, let others love on us and reach out and while at the cabin, let nature sing you to sleep at night. I will press forward from here and not catch everyone up to speed on things from the past few weeks. That would be one long post for sure. LOL - This week we had the Beaver family up here at the cabin with us. It was a great short week, with some smiles and lots of laughs. Drama was on the menu each day and with the AC not working then boat not working - we all headed home Wed afternoon.
Yesterday Kyle, Morgan and I headed back to the cabin and I am writing this with a cup of coffee in my hand, a breeze blowing, critters running through the woods, God feeling close to me this morning and just feeling blessed. Morgan and Kyle are still sleeping and that does my heart good because they needed some deep sleepful rest I am sure with all these kids have to do, worry about, live up to and worry about everyone else. In many ways they share the same qualitites in their hearts and I am just blessed and so very thankful to be spending time like this with them. I miss Morgan and the last few weeks she and I have had some good talks, a visit at my work and I am glad to be walking with Morgan in her life - she is such a great young lady and I look forward with such a great excitement in my heart. Kyle is such a bright light for all to see and anytime there is friendship like this taking place... he steps big to the plate. Love him for it and excited to be watching God doing such awesome things in his life. He has been through a lot but has always shined above those tough seasons.
I look forward to next few days - a full day here at the cabin today and tomorrow - church on Sunday and some driving lessons with Taylor and a meal served to the homeless after church! Monday Carowinds with a few of my close kids .....
Carol is enjoying some much needed girlfriend time. Donna and Barbara have always stood with her - good times and in the darkest of days. Thankful she has friends like that in her life!
Today I am in Psalm 37:3-4 as I pick up once again my Bible study.
3 Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.


Lord I am delighted in you. I am delighted to shine your love to others as I learn every day to give my life and heart to you. Help me be more like you in my daily walk. My desires of my heart is to know you better Lord. Help me do that and as I look around to the things in my life, help me find joy in all things. Help me find peace and love in the hearts that are all around me. My way Lord, I give to you and as the kids are resting peacefully still in the back bedrooms, I pray for both of them Lord... a better relationship with you and on fire to know more about you. They both have such loving and caring hearts willing to please and be accepted. I pray you personally touch each of them today in a new exciting way. I pray for miss Carol who needs to feel you close to her during this time with Kate. I pray you bring her peace and understanding in her heart. I pray for Kate as she struggles with who she is and her direction in life. Maybe wanting to blame it on others, her dad, me for the past year - Lord help her lift these hurts and struggles off her heart. Give her focus and understanding that only YOU Lord can give us. I pray all these things in Your sons mighty name in Jesus. Amen

No comments: