Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Today I am in Jeremiah 1:4-8.

The Call of Jeremiah

The word of the Lord came to me, saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Ah. Sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child". But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. DO not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord.
Never forget that the Lord has a purpose for your life. He wants you to live with meaning and passion in all you do, grasping each and every moment to the fullest. There is a rock at Lake Adger called Frog rock and its one that sticks out of the water and when you see it from the side - looks like a giant frog. When the water level is down in the lake, the rock sticks out pretty high. Its a rock that we dive off the boat and swim to and then climb the back side of it and jump off into the water. For those who are doing so for the very first time it takes a little courage to do that. Last Friday night, me, Kyle, Zach and Emilee took our nerves into the Intimidator's front row seat and rode that coaster in the dark. It was amazing.... but it took courage to do it.

We all have it in us, this courage. Its just hard sometimes to let it out or to trust in it. So often people press this courage down in order to keep from being afraid. Most often they end up stuck where they are. They didn't stand up and lead, they didn't shout into the crowd that what was going on was wrong, they didn't get on the coaster, they didn't come to camp. There is no reason to be afraid, though healthy at times, we can put our fears into the hands of Christ because no matter what we are going through- Christ has gone ahead of us.

No reason to fear loved ones. Lord give each of us the courage to stand for you. Help us in our inability to shine your name in front of others. Help us in our actions, the words we use, our facebook posts to the world - help us honor you in all we do. Courage - give us the courage to stand for what is right and for the things of you. Amen

No comments: