Monday, July 19, 2010

Busy day today so just now taking a moment to share. I was going to skip this post but I will try and get it done and off my chest because I feel its important for someone.
Carol is home safely and I am looking forward to getting off work and heading home. Its been since Thursday since she left with her girl peeps to go to the beach. (miss them too!) I have to say though, its been a good handful of days with the boys with some added fun mixed into things. Car wash on Saturday, Carowinds Friday night and church yesterday - we also watched a bunch of movies in between. Book of Eli was really good and had such an amazing turn at the end that I didnt see coming. For sure our next Rock Group movie.....
Today brings me to John 14:12-15
12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

I am thankful for this passage today due to the fact that Pastor Travis spoke on this topic yesterday in our student ministry. Anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. Our greatest example to others for Christ is not in what we say - its how we act. Its how we treat others. Its in our attitudes and how we handle things when crap hits the fan. People are always watching and yes even judging because if we claim to have Christ it should show in our lives. We should stand out and be different than the rest of the world. Just because these folks are talking this way, doing this or that, dating at 12, disrespecting their parents, on the sides smoking drinking and who knows what else.... doesn't mean you have to. Society has a strong message and a strong lure to pull us all into its trap. Sin in most cases is fun and what the song and movies and the lives of our hollywood folks dont tell us is all the hurt, shame and guilt that goes on behind the scene. If we are following Christ with our hearts and doing our best to live each moment for Christ then we will be doing what Christ has called each of us to do.
That may mean you lose some friends. That may mean you wont be so popular. That may mean that people make fun of you. Living a life of Christ is living for others, caring and loving others - regardless of what is going on around us. Our governtment cannot fix what is broke in this country. God can ... and all through time - the church will stand and heal broken lives.
So many people give up on God because they want to know more about him, give him their plans and or in their minds make a deal with God ... then God doesnt do what we want to do. They walk away ...... Hey I'm not following a God who doesnt do what I want to do. That is pretty sad ... We are here for Him. He loved us first and thus we should love him back. He deserves our lives because of our sin and dont deserve another breath of air.
I am just at a place in mywalk that I desire more of the things of God. To be more of Him and less of me. Show me Lord how to reach people, not in my words but in my hands.
I got to share a little yesterday in front of the students about Thirst Camp coming up next week. We got to meet a family in need in our community and how we are going to share with this family an amazing blessing next week. A shared blessing because up front she said - This is so hard for me. I totally get that and by stepping out in faith - taking a leap in trust - God is going to show up big time in this families life. Our students, our leaders and this family will be changed. So many are not coming to camp because its hard, they dont want to, or another excuse given.... this family doesnt have many options. They need this blessing and by not coming - you are not experiencing what God is wanting to do.

God move us to a place where we see in all your power and glory. Help us put aside our plans for your plans. Help us give you our hands Lord and step in courage to move ahead and be part of what you are wanting to do through us. May you receive all the glory and praise Lord.
Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
15"If you love me, you will obey what I command.

Help us do what you have called each of us to do. Love one another in all the ways you love us. You are our example Lord and may our hearts be open to the things of you. Change us and move us to a faith that has action. May our hands be yours and our feet guide us on your paths. May our hearts beat for the things of you. I pray all this in Your sons mighty name in Jesus.,
Amen

Can we be holy without being weird? comments welcome~
Lonnie~

No comments: