Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spent the morning with one of "MyKids" who was having a procedure done at the hospital this morning. She has been having some tummy problems and a few weeks back the doc put her on some meds but it didnt help much. So he had to go in and take a look around. Thankfully, she has something that can be treated with diet and meds. But I have to say that getting to spend time with a dear family in these kinds of situations are priceless. It is humbling for sure... to be part of that trusted and loved inner circle. When they were done we got to go back and see her - she was still kind of out of it but knew we were there. She reached out for my hand which just melted my heart and I got to watch mom feed her an ice pop. It was a moment that I said - This is what mommy's are made for. It will be a moment that I will remember for some time to come. It also has me thinking that this morning really puts things into perspective for me. It was in those waking moments that she got to look around and you know what was important in life. Things, possesions, material things.... they don't mean anything. Jesus came and invested in people not early things.
I would not have wanted to be any place else this morning but with this family and with a special young lady. A little bit of love goes a LONG LONG way.
Thank you for allowing me to be there.... its exactly what Jesus wants us to do - BE THE CHURCH and stop just doing church. Thankful for the prayers lifted the last 24 hours. God you are awesome and thank you for always being there to listen.

NewSpring tomorrow...... catch ya on Friday everyone. Lives changing tomorrow~~~ I can feel it happening.
Peace,
Lonnie

No comments: