Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Intentional

I will let you in on a little secret. I pray every day for intentional opportunities to show people Jesus. I have come to a place in my faith journey where its not about the words I have, the things I feel like I should share with folks but let my actions speak louder than all else. Sometimes people need to see Jesus and not be told about Jesus.
I do my best to be intentional about the relationships in my life. I do my best to be real in front of people, behind people, in private and always in front of God. I am who I am ..... and I try to do that all the time.
I care and love people. My pastor said a few weeks ago that he has come to a place in his faith journey were he sees only 2 kinds of people. Those going to heaven and those who are not. Man that is heavy.
Those interruptions (intentional opportunities) sometimes come when you least expect them. Maybe that phone call comes during dinner or your favorite tv show, movie or the basketball game. Maybe that quick facebook post and update turns into an hour talking with a student through an issue at home. Maybe lunch after church was delayed because someone pulled you aside and wanted to talk through something they are hurting with. Maybe its the walk in the hallway at school that takes you for a turn when a student hasnt seen you in awhile and wants to reconnect. Maybe you are out to eat with friends and a student comes over to thank you for praying for her .... these little inconveniences are what I pray about. Opportunities...... to share the love of Christ.
Do you pray for those opportunities? Are you serving those in your life to make an impact for Christ? My moment of inconvenience may be a life changing moment for someone else.
It is why I do what I do. I will share this with you today:
Philippians 2
Imitating Christ's Humility
1If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

No comments: