Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Psalm 25

Its just an amazing thing when God points you to the place in His word that He wants you to know. I can't say that it happens all the time but the more I am in His word and daily giving my heart to Him - He does these kinds of things. I think first and foremost - your heart and mind have to be in a place willing as well as to be eager for what God wants to share with you.
So today, I am in Psalm 25.
1 O Lord, I give my life to you. 2 I trust in you, my God! Do not let me be disgraced, or let my enemies rejoice in my defeat. 3 No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced, but disgrace comes to those who try to deceive others.
4 Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. 5 Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. 6 Remember, O Lord, your compassion and unfailing love, which you have shown from long ages past. 7 Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth. Remember me in the light of your unfailing love, for you are merciful, O Lord.

"Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth" really sticks out to me this morning. With an instant teenager in my home and walking with so many in the student ministry at church as well as looking back at my own past.... its just hard being that age but its not impossible. There are so many that I am getting to know that are shining bright for Christ and have a humble and servants heart already in their young lives. It is just awesome to be a part of that and walk with them. It gives me hope that all the nights I stay awake, the prayers lifted, the tears that are shed - they give me hope for those who are not walking this way. Maybe its not their fault - maybe life is hard, parents are missing or disengaged, or maybe there is outside influences they just cant seem to get away from no matter how hard they try, maybe they are experts at the masks they were everyday, maybe their heart has had to be hard and letting someone in close is frightening ..... but there is still hope. Being young does not mean God can't use you. He uses people all the time no matter where they are in life, what has been done or how far you have drifted ... God equips the called. He is not done with you story yet.... I got a chance to teach a small opening part this past Sunday on LogLines. These are small descriptions of a movie, a scene or character. The things is is we all have a logline describing our lives. Our story - but we can't write our own loglines....it is usually written by someone else. We also can't change our loglines.... someone else has to do that. Good friends, parents, trusted leaders .... God.
Loved ones, God is not done with your logline. So as I find today hard with an instant teenager who has changed my home, has added stress, worry, tears and lately - not much in smiles..... I know God is not done with her story yet. Her logline is being challenged daily by the people who love and care for her.
God I continue to have hope in what You are doing today. You are already in the next moment and I am asking that You help us meet you there. The past is the past and moving forward is where You are. Help us get there - Help us reach out to where You are. I pray for life change and for a heart that has You in it. Your love, mercy and grace is wonderful and I am very thankful to have those things in my life because of you. My life, home and family has been changed because of you, your calling on my life, the people I love that are close to me, the students and their families...... I ask this morning that You be in the details Lord and keep us all close to you. Help us honor you in our very lives. I pray in Jesus name. Amen

8 The Lord is good and does what is right; he shows the proper path to those who go astray. 9 He leads the humble in doing right, teaching them his way. 10 The Lord leads with unfailing love and faithfulness all who keep his covenant and obey his demands.
11 For the honor of your name, O Lord, forgive my many, many sins. 12 Who are those who fear the Lord? He will show them the path they should choose. 13 They will live in prosperity, and their children will inherit the land. 14 The Lord is a friend to those who fear him. He teaches them his covenant. 15 My eyes are always on the Lord, for he rescues me from the traps of my enemies.
16 Turn to me and have mercy, for I am alone and in deep distress. 17 My problems go from bad to worse. Oh, save me from them all! 18 Feel my pain and see my trouble. Forgive all my sins.

Sins of ignorance, the sins of youthful arrogance. "I didn't know any better." Or, "I thought you knew better!" Does that ring a bell for you? Did you do some stupid stuff when you were young? I think we all have.... but the older I get, the more I realize how little I knew when I knew it all. The sins of my youth - now those are some haunting problems from the past: "I was ignorant. I was foolish. I was immature - Lord, choose not to remember these things."
"My rebellious ways" - is just that. Self serving.... doing what I want as apposed to doing what is right, honoring, and within the rules. Respect for the rules is a byproduct of trust. Where there is no trust between people (families) the rules are out the window.
21 May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you.
No matter where today finds you, whether its a hard place with a teenager, student or friend or a great place with them - honor God with Your integrity and honesty. Dont let the anyone change the course of that inner person that God has been changing you into. Keep your eyes on the Lord ... keep your heart humbled, serve like never before with a servants heart, intentions that are not of your own and a love that shares because God has given you that love.
Grace, mercy and healing comes from the Lord. It is enough for me...... thankful it is enough for me. My hope is in You today no matter what I am see no matter what I feel.... I will walk by faith.
Lonnie~

No comments: