Monday, March 29, 2010

Its been a busy day so far. I am still trying to catch my breath from the weekend and a busy morning. My dad, little brother and his son Austin came down for the race here in Concord on Friday. I did get a chance to hang with them some on Friday night, Saturday night and a little bit yesterday. I didn't make the festivities with them because of my schedule with helping with the Easter egg Hunt on Saturday and then having to get some yard work done Saturday afternoon. We had a great turnout for the Easter Egg Hunt. 35,000 eggs stuffed with candy and a ton of vols coming to share the day. It was really awesome getting to hang with all the volunteers and all of us serving with one mission in mind Saturday - showing Jesus to everyone we met. I just loved the smiles, the laughs, the Uncle Lonnie's from all directions as we reach out into the community with the love of Jesus. For some - it may be all they get to experience.
Sunday we had our student ministry party. 20 Pizza's went quick and I had to check to make sure I had all my fingers. The record was 12 pieces eaten by one of "MyKids" from our rock group. Might have to get him a little TUMS trophy or something. I can't image eating 12 pieces of pizza. Anyways - had a great helper Sunday morning and it was awesome to spend some time with her. She has an awesome family and it has been such a blessing in my life to walk with them the past few years. God is doing something amazing - even with everything that took place last week - He has spoken some new things and has shown us to lean on Him.
Last night we got to take some down time as a family. We rented a movie - The Blind Side - and I was especially excited to be watching it with Kate. Her story in coming to our family comes in from about the same direction as big Mike from the movie. I hope it really connected with her and how much she has as an impact into her/our family. She is very much the daughter I never had.... I do know I love her that much anyways. I have said it before, that God did not bless me with a daughter - but He has blessed me with many who I love like a daughter. You know who you are!!! I am thankful and blessed for each of you.
Well, its a busy day - I want to leave you with Psalm 43 today - I am blessed because of the words God has given me today.
Psalm 43:5
5 Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul? Why are you crying the blues? Fix my eyes on God— soon I'll be praising again. He puts a smile on my face. He's my God.
....... exciting week ahead because of Gods saving grace ~~
Lonnie~

No comments: