Monday, November 5, 2007

The Faith of Works...

All is quiet here today. After such a busy weekend, I usually need time to recover and get some rest but I am feeling good today. I should have hit the 2 miles at lunch today but I worked on a project this afternoon that will put such a great CAP on my Rock Group when we end the current series of ParentHood. Does it seem that every church now is doing a series on ParentHood? I just can't believe it when I check out my usually surfing spots. Anyways - we had a rocking church service yesterday - both services were packed out and Carol and I had such a great time with the kids in Sunday School. I also went to Ararat, VA for my family reunion. It was a nice ride up and I fully enjoyed being with the family - many of which I have not seen since last year at this time. My Dad's uncle Homer had the opening remarks like he always does. He is a retired Pastor but he still has such a big heart for the Lord and for people. He shared many things yesterday, spoke about my mom and how blessed we are as a family - but more importantly how we need to be a family of God. His heart poured out in those opening moments and I hung on every single word. During the blessing of the meal he prayed for each of his brothers and sisters who are getting really up there in age - for our family, with no mention of him or asking the Lord for anything on his behalf - I thought that was a great leadership and humbled thing to do. The meal was awesome as usual and I left with telling everyone I loved them. I want to share a passage from James with you today ~

James 2:14,17
“Dear brothers and sisters, what's the use of saying you have faith if you don't prove it by your actions? That kind of faith can't save anyone. … So you see, it isn't enough just to have faith. Faith that doesn't show itself by good deeds is no faith at all—it is dead and useless.”

Uncle Homer is a man of faith and he has proven it by his action over his life time. Even though he is blind now and continues to love people, to care for so many and to speak truth and lead our family today. I pray that we all will accept Gods family and really understand what Uncle Homer was saying. To not wait one more minute living this life for yourself but to see others in a new way, to love others in a new way and to live this life the way God has had planned all along. It does break my heart knowing that if our time comes, we would be separate for all eternity. Its a free gift and Jesus has paid for your sins and mine. Even during the days that Jesus walked this earth - there were those who saw with their own eyes, heard with their own ears and witnessed so much and still refused Gods love and salvation- unwilling to believe. It still rings true today ...

Thanks Uncle Homer for your prayers and opening remarks. You are a true man of God - "Good and Faithful Servant."

Randy~

No comments: