Thursday, November 15, 2007

Back in the game...

It has been a few days since I last posted. We have been busy to say the least but I do hope we are getting back into a groove for now. Yes things change everyday and what the future holds for tomorrow - heaven only knows.
I have been studying a lesson that I am leaning on leading next semester in my Rock Group that will get back together after the holidays for the next semester. It has rocked my world in some ways but it is also teaching me many things- even during this season as I learn more about next season. God is preparing me for what is ahead.

The past few mornings on my way to work - I have paused long enough to say good morning to my mom at that place where she poured down on me on my way to work. I asked the Lord for a sign that she was ok right in the middle of the road in that heavy downpour. The sky cleared and the sun came out on me. I mean - ME - and me alone. Everyone else was still in the downpour. It was a moment I will never forget. I think about that grief - that pain and how it will never ever really leave me while I am here on this earth. Heaven will be a place for me to heal and long forget about that pain. We are forever changed during times like those when we experience the loss of a loved one. The world seems to crack open and nothing makes any sense anymore. During these times we ask the Lord to help us, teach us what He is trying to tell us. If we don't believe in God - its during these times it either pushes us further into our Atheist mind set or we begin that hate relationship towards God because of what He allowed. Some folks never recover as far as a relationship with Jesus after something like that. If we were on the fence with Jesus before hand - it may just push us way out into the fields far far away from Jesus. But then again, for some, that long and narrow road - the road less traveled - we find ourselves in comfort and in Gods mercy.
I am thankful I am on that road - I am thankful to be sorrounded by many folks who I am doing life with that know the Lord. As a team we can make a difference in the world - however small it seems. We all can't go oversees and be missionaries - but we can be missionaries in our own back yards. We can reach out to the community and give our time, our passion and the love in our hearts for Jesus. There are so many in need and there is so much abundance that the Lord blesses us with.
After my mom passed - the silence was so loud. Nobody knew what to say - thinking anything and everything would be wrong. People pushed emotions and feelings aside - they went right back into their lives dug in because of the pain. Its what people do - but it doesnt have to be that way. God gives us a choice. We choose which path to walk on and I am thankful for the path I have chosen and for not ignoring the Lord anymore for my salvation and the experience that He has given me to come to know Him personally.

The problem is, most of us live as if we don’t have a choice. We live as if we were still slaves to sin, and if the enemy can get us to believe that – to accept it as Gospel Truth – then he’s defeated us before we even enter the battle. Sometimes people reach a point where they believe they have no choice but to stay where they are an eccept it; we look from the outside and wonder why they can’t make the choice to abandon it. They have embraced a lie, and their belief guides their behavior.

There is someone close to me today that I get so frustrated with and then turn and kick myself for feeling that way. I am daily asking the Lord to forgive me and to not give up on this person. As a follower of Jesus, I don't want to see anyone go to Hell - no matter how smart they claim to be and how good of a life they have lived... without Jesus - death is real and won't be escaped. That part hurts more than any other part knowing that the choice is made and nothing can be done about it.
The last few Baptisms I have witnessed have been especially awesome to me. Not because of the people in the tub of water (even though they are now my brothers and sister ((Mark 3:31-25)) - but because of their strong faith and their outward commitment to Jesus. I am thankful to God for forgiveness of sins and the new creation in Christ when they come up out of the water. There is VICTORY in Jesus! Death is a choice and a choice far too many folks are making.

If you don't know the Lord - ask Him to bring you to a place where He can show you CLEARLY your choices. You do have a choice no matter where you are today.

Carol and I got to see a lot of people the last 2 days at the hospital. Many of which are looking for that narrow road - some don't even know its there and others, a small handful are on that road. I got to see just a few of them the last 2 days..... You can spot them if you look close enough.

There is a peace about them. Gods Peace~

Randy

No comments: