Monday, November 26, 2007

After the break ....

Its been a few days since my last post. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving this past week with lots to be thankful for and time spent with family and loved ones.

I have on my heart something to share this morning. It has really weighed on my heart pretty heavy the last few days. I know as a parent with a son who is growing up, I will experience more of this as time goes on and as he grows up. He will have choices to make in life and I will have to let those reins out on him as he matures giving him the freedom to make choices and to make mistakes. Thats a hard thing to do as a parent -and as a friend. I have a few folks close to me that are making decisions today and there is not one thing I can do about those decisions. No matter what I think or say - no matter how much I pray about those decisions - I do believe they are made and life takes the turn and the path is then followed.
Even if God had a say - Even if God had another plan - He will not impose and make that decision for them - (for us) - As a good Father, He will stand aside and let us choose our path no matter how hard it may be to watch and no matter how wrong of a decision it may be.

I do believe though that if that path is walked long enough - God will get involved and He will get our attention - Sometimes it will a something really hard on us and only if He has no other way. Correction driven by love.

My first reactions to these decisions trouble me because I am human and when I see someone making a stupid mistake or a decision that is not the best - (IMHO) I hurt just like everyone else. BUT - the thing that God has shown me over the years is to not give up - to step up the prayers and follow through leaving those decisions, those folks dear to me, and their paths in Gods hands. Right where they should be.

Have you ever wondered that when life takes a hard turn - where is God during those times? Are you where you are today because you haven't asked God to be involved or you didn't ask BEFORE you made that big decision? If God is not involved first and during ... why expect Him to be there afterwards? Its so much harder getting back on the path that God wants you than if you just asked him in the beginning and started this journey on the right path in the first place.

I have been doing a lot of reading lately and listening to music. Chris Tomlin has a new song out now - Amazing Grace .... if you get a chance to download this song or pick it up at Walmart it is worth it. God will see us through the season we are in today. Faith is believing in what we can't see but know is there. God is there and its awesome to know He will be there to pick us up when we need a Father to do so.

Philippians 2:14-15
14-16Do everything readily and cheerfully—no bickering, no second-guessing allowed! Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society. Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night so I'll have good cause to be proud of you on the day that Christ returns. You'll be living proof that I didn't go to all this work for nothing.

Are you reflecting Gods love and Glory today? ------ or are you absorbing it?

Randy~

No comments: