Friday, February 22, 2013

Thought i would share some notes as I sat in Chik-Fil-a this morning after my dr appointment. It was a nice pause to sit, have a great meal, share some notes and read a little. I love when God gives me the time out and giving me a little reflecting time.

First post written on my iPad. :)
Hope your Friday was great.
Lonnie


Friday

F: forgiveness. Life is not without challenges and along the way we all must experience friendships and trusts that are strained but also broken. Forgiveness keeps the relationship. Forgiveness puts a priority and deepens the relationship. Without it the relationship walks away. I am thankful that God has forgiven me because I know he will now never walk away.

R: responsible. Taking ownership of our life, our choices, our words, our actions and yes, our faith. Being around lots of people, young and old, taking responsibility for our faith is a huge step for so many. It's the defining lines of not going to church, to sometimes going to church, plugged in to church and serving growing and then their is owning it, taking the church and the message of Christ outside the church walls. Being a disciple of Christ is a full time 100% lifestyle. Never a day off nor a moment that is not fully owned in Christ.

I: incredible. I can say that my life is pretty incredible. I'm sitting here at Chick-fil-a after my dr appointment and there is a Bible study going on, 2 men talking business, a dad with his 3 precious little girls making a morning full of memories, the lady at the counter saying "God Bless" to a customer. My life is pretty incredible because of Jesus. These things this morning, without him, I would probably not even notice. Christ is around us in our day regardless if we can see him, feel him or notice him. He is there. It's like living in full color when life becomes living out the gospel the best way you know how and forever learning, growing, pruning and walking this life in faith.

D: dad. I am so thankful for my earthly dad. He might not have done everything right in his life but he made and home for me and my brother and my mom. He lead our family with examples of hard work, dedication and loving my mom all the days of her life. The greatest gift in my life, is being a dad. Being a dad is such an honor to be when your life is about pouring into your son. I am blessed to have many children who I love like a daughter or son and living my life wide and heart open for God, showing that even though I make mistakes and screw up a lot, I am human and take the good and bad in this life. With God positioned in my life as my Heavenly Father, the little things of being a dad become Important as the big things. Thanks dad, help me with this, what time is church, wrestling practice and sweaty nervous palms on match days and praying over my son and even his future wife. Asking God to lead him to him and may he love God above all else in his life. Use him mightily for a greater purpose.

A: Accountability - every decision, every spoken word, every action needs accountability. From the Internet to my friends I am thankful that my wife Carol keeps me accountable. It creates an honor system and that all my motives and intentions are lined in my heart with Gods heart. I am thankful for accountability because it makes me a better man, husband, father, uncle, leader, friend and follower of Christ.

Y: yesterday. I am thankful for the seasons in my life. They have helped shape who I am today. Good seasons, tough seasons, quiet and wide open seasons. They have All shaped me and molded me for my story. God is telli a story through each of us. May my story be worth telling one day. From the passing of my brother and my mom, the years of loving my wife and my younger years of judo and wrestling and leading students in so many ways be a story worth telling others about. I have learned that yes your life is a stage and yesterday does not make you who you are but with God in the front view mirror, your yesterday's are behind you because living is in front of you where God will continue us to meet you.

Lord help us be good stewards of "Our stories"

No comments: