Thursday, February 28, 2013

I want to wish my cousin Patty a wonderful birthday today. She is an amazing woman who has for so many years trusted fully in the Lord and I love her example as she lives her life being fully rooted in Gods word. Hope its a great day sis! Love you!!

In my quiet time this morning, I started Romans 9 as I march through the Book of Romans. Romans 9 starts with an amazing place as Paul writes to the folks in Rome. But it also comes after an amazing chapter that has been given to us in Romans 8. It is jammed packed with good stuff.

Like:
Romans 8:5 Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires. But those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.
Romans 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and coheirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
Romans 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
Romans 8:24 For in this hope we are saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?
Romans 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
Romans 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:31 If God is for us, who can be against us?
Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

That chapter is fully loaded! As I typed those in, my heart began to race as the excitement began to build. Far too often we dont see ourselves fully able to let God love us. We seem to sometimes see His love for us like we have love for someone else. That level of love changes according to the day, the situation, the words spoken and actions shared because that love has conditions on it. Gods love does not. He gives us his love unconditionally and perfectly. Love covers a multitude of sins and often we give love to the level that we let others love us. I am so thankful that God has given us His words, His promises to assure us where He stands for all of our lives. We can stand on that and know that will never change nor be removed.

As Paul finishes up chapter 8 he shares with us a personal note in chapter 9. His heart comes at us in full color as he tells us how he would exchange his life for others if they would come to know Christ.
I think its a beautiful example of putting others before self that Paul gives us.

Romans 9:1-5 I speak the truth in Christ—I am not lying, my conscience confirms it through the Holy Spirit— I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race, the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption to sonship; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises. Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah, who is God over all, forever praised![a] Amen.

 Paul shares how much his heart hurts for the people. All of Israel - that means me and you, our families, our neighbors, the people across the world in different countries - That they may come to know Christ. I love the word, adoption, in his writing. We are all adopted and no longer orphans in the world when we come to know Jesus. We were once lost and with no spiritual or heavenly family until accepting Christ and being adopted, accepted, loved, cared for, honored into the family of God. With that acceptance comes the full plate of sonship, devine glory, the laws that shares with us His love for us, worship - I love that part because its such an amazing part of our walk with Christ - and all His promises. Forever praised and that is something as I think about those who have went before me and what they are getting to do right in this moment. Praising God in heaven. I cant even believe how awesome that is going to be. I have been part of some amazing church worship services and my church that my family and I go to has some amazing experiences in worship but nothing is going to be as amazing as heavenly worship. For me, there is nothing more freeing that singing my heart out while lifting my hands in worship to Jesus. It brings me to tears at times as a church full is in full worship together.
Paul's heart shares with us his hurt for others, just as our should hurt for others. There isnt any other way to share God love with those in our lives as Paul describes here. A heart full of great sorrow and unceasing anguish. What a great place really to be to share with others Gods love for them when your heart is in full blown hurt for them. It purifies the motives and intentions to be fully in Christ.

Who  has God placed on your heart that has your heart truly hurting for them? How can that motivate you into stepping out and doing something for them? Sometimes we have to serve our way into peoples lives. That means putting them first and with priority. 
Last night I was asked at Wow - a local church student ministry that I have been co-leading for some time now - Who is my biggest influence in my life right now? I shared that it was them. The students are my biggest influence in my life right now because it is their hearts that give me great sorrow as they are going through things, struggling with home, parents, school, classes, emotions - the list can go on and on but its their hearts that brings me so much anguish. I so badly want them to live their lives for Jesus, to personally know him, trust him, rely on him, let him lead them, because I know how  much Christ has done in my own life. I want that for them. How do I do that? - By going each week, listening, teaching and laughing with them but more importantly knowing that by admitting to myself, I may not be able to change them, correct them, help them, or fix anything going on their lives, But I know the one who can. I can POINT the way. I can be that directional sign you see on the road that clearly points in the direction of the destination for those willing to follow. I will do my best to point them to Jesus. He can help them, guide them, accept them,  and love them perfectly and without conditions. 

Thats what its all about loved ones. Being a light in this dark world while pointing out the way.

Happy Thursday everyone - hope this helped someone today.

Lonnie~



No comments: