Monday, March 7, 2011

Carol and I had a very odd weekend this past weekend. Kyle was away with a buddy of his for the weekend. 13 years that has never happened. It was quiet in the house, Carol and I got to hang out and we talked, planned our student ministry party together and went to church Saturday night and enjoyed a homemade pizza. It was something totally we are not used to but thankful for it. Our home is almost always full of students, kyles friends, our rock group families and its hustle and bustle and this change of pace was refreshing.

Yesterday we had a great Student ministry time together with more students than we have had in a month or so. I was speaking on Grace as a followup to the move "The Grace Card" which most of us went to see last Wed evening. We had a good game which everyone didnt want to stop playing and ice cream which went over big ...especially the whipped cream which somehow ended up blasting everywhere! There was tons of energy and lots of smiles and I really think the students walked away with something and that does my heart good.

Last night with our rock group, we shared many different things concerning our prayer life and what prayer really is. I love my rock group families ... there isnt anything I would not do for them. This morning I had to stop at the ER because one of "mydaughters" who has the flu passed out from a nose bleed. A few hours of watching folks come in and out, an elderly couple who the wife was not breathing good, a family who's son needed stitches and another fella who looked like military at some point in his life but really down on his life, while on crutches, passed out and hit the floor and lastly another lady came in and took 3 steps into the ER and puked - so they got that cleaned up, wheel chair and a puke bucket for her. Oh, and another family came in and the mom didnt speak english - her son who was about 7 shared with the nurse what his mom was having issues with. I was still there when they were leaving and I couldn't help it - God prompted me to tell this young man he did a great job leading his family. I got a chance to pray and see people hurting this morning in those few hours. Folks who were scared and finally coming to the ER. You know I am sick if I am going through the ER so these people were at that place. Thankfully my girl is okay and will have some further tests down the road. She looked rough but the smile when she walked out was worth it for me being there. I am thankful that I got to go and be there for her when she came out.

I am preparing some thoughts for Wed nights student ministry and having a tough go of it as of now. I am praying that the Lord gives me something to share. I am sure he will.

Gym tonight and a little down time after a busy few days. Ministry is a gift and I am thankful for the gift that God has given me.
Lonnie~

No comments: