Friday, June 11, 2010

Thankful Friday~

It has been a busy week for sure. I am thankful for Friday. Last night we got to spend some time at one of my close kids end of year party with a bunch of her friends, pizza and pool. It was great spending time with those students, a few of which I did not know at first but glad I got to, talking with some parents and catching up and also just watching the kids have fun. No issues, no pressures, no details ... just smiles and having fun. It was pretty hard getting up for work this morning though but totally worth it. Might have something to do with that flip on the trampoline but I can't be sure :) - I had a parent this week tell me after getting to know a little about me and watching me calm a 2nd grader who was for sure over tired and having a melt down -remove the tears and bring smiles - I am like the kid whisperer. I had to laugh at that - nobody has ever said that to me before. I am humbled by that comment and give God the praise - He has given me a gift and I am blessed to finally in my life be living out that gift. My heart really is humbled to those around me who God has placed in my walk.
Today I want to share Nehemiah 9:5-6 (New International Version)
5 And the Levites—Jeshua, Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabneiah, Sherebiah, Hodiah, Shebaniah and Pethahiah—said: "Stand up and praise the LORD your God, who is from everlasting to everlasting. [a] " "Blessed be your glorious name, and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise. 6 You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.

God you are amazing and we dont have to understand everything to believe in something. As I look at this past week and the multitude of prayer requests I have been given for others there is one thing Lord that makes me fully aware of .... I know that my prayers in changing a person may or may not change that person but those prayers I pray for them --- change me. How wonderful to know that! I thank You Lord for that wisdom. I can stand in front of 50 students and model to the best I can what following you with my life is about and share with students about dating and relationships not only with you but others and they sometimes do whatever they are going to do. Its hard left standing on the sidelines when you have been left there to watch their story unfold. I must keep my eyes on you Lord, keep my heart humbled and continue to lift what is on my heart in prayer to You. I pray You continue to take these things from me Lord and place them, place these folks Lord, these students and families and the relationships in your will. Protect them all from harm, lead them to the cross Lord always showing Grace. Its through Your grace Lord we can live with a heart that is sinful but seeking You. I am thankful for Friday and I am thankful to be serving You and those around me. May my life be a blessing and praise to You in all that I do. I love you and praise you this day.
In Jesus name I pray,
Amen

No comments: