Tuesday, June 1, 2010

31 day walk .....

Before I get into this post - I just wanted to share that my family and I had a good time at the cabin this past weekend. Shared some smiles and laughs with the Beaver family- always love spending time up there with them. Nothing better than the smiles shared on the tube and watching Kyle and Madi doing their thing. There is a time for being tired but not until they get their FULL share of tubing and a day on the lake complete. This past weekend was a first on the lake. An accident happened that took the life of 2 people, a son and a father. It really was a somber experience as we watched the crews work to find them. So sad for that family.
Being that its Tuesday already - I am feeling stressed because I just don't have it together today. But its the first of the month and I am going through a 31 day devotional and for the past 2 days I am being led to post the walk on here. I am cool with that as of right now but might change my view on that at some point as God's word speaks for the next month. I did enjoy my quiet and study time on the porch at the cabin with a cup of coffee and listening to the birds, the occasional turkey call and the wind - yesterday's rain sure was peaceful. No mom talks this time around. I am ok with that though. Just wish a family member would step up her game and plug into a family that loves her instead of pushing away and chosing to be grumpy and crabby.
Anyways - Habakkuk 3:17-19 begins today:
Even though the fig trees have no blossums, and there are not grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails; and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are emtpy, yet I rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights.
As I read this today, I think about all the tough things going on my life and with those I am doing life with. Some of my close kids are going through some tough things. Call it - growing up - decisions etc... its still hard. Sometimes I feel like I am not making a difference at all. Sometimes its like stepping back a few steps to only occasionally stepping forward. I know I am in this for the long haul and leading even when its tough. God didn't tell me this was going to be easy and the weight is heavy at times. I wrote "I Promise" on a napkin to my mom and in my own way - I have personally wrote "I Promise" on the hearts of some. I continue to say I promise and I will rejoice in the fact that God is in the details. All the details!
Blessed to be walking on the paths that God is leading me on. I am praying for many to follow along. If you are at a place where you won't be lead by someone - it is your loss in this life. We all need a Paul in our lives to follow. If your the Paul to someone - where are you leading the Timothy's in your life? I think about the hill at the end of my driveway at the cabin. Steep and full of brush. Deer go up that without a problem. Surefooted .... Just like Christ leads us.
Peace today,
Lonnie

No comments: