Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday morning. Where did the weekend go? I am thankful this is the last week of school and my family and I can get some much needed rest and that begins with changing of routines. I am really looking forward to this summer even if June is a busy month. I will be leaving in a few hours to head over to Kyle's school. We were informed last week that he has won an award at school and there is an awards cerimony that we will be attending. I am just so proud of him and his leadership, example, love for God, grades and his character - even with a year that has been hard and trying this year for my family. He has rose above all that and has really shined.
This morning I am in a place that Matthew 7:24-27 really speaks to me. No matter what is going on in your life - stand firm and know where your feet are planted. I am thankful to be reminded that God has my footing. Even with all kinds of crap crashing down, trying to knock me over - I can stand tall and withstand all that is being thrown my way. Yes its hard, its hard leading others, its hard being strong for others, its hard to get a call from a parent that is in need of help with their child because they did something or made a bad decision. Its hard to lead someone who doesn't want to be lead. Its just hard this life that we are living but I am thankful for those seasons. Seasons that come and go - chapters of one book so we can close them and begin a new one. Matthew 7:24-27.
24-25"These words I speak to you are not incidental additions to your life, homeowner improvements to your standard of living. They are foundational words, words to build a life on. If you work these words into your life, you are like a smart carpenter who built his house on solid rock. Rain poured down, the river flooded, a tornado hit—but nothing moved that house. It was fixed to the rock.
26-27"But if you just use my words in Bible studies and don't work them into your life, you are like a stupid carpenter who built his house on the sandy beach. When a storm rolled in and the waves came up, it collapsed like a house of cards."

One of the things I love about being at the beach is standing in the water's edge with my feet buried in the sand. As the waves come in and go out - the sand buries your feet further and further in the sand. Soon the ankles are covered and its hard to move your feet. Gods word is much like that sand. No matter what is going on above the ankles - the feet are firmly planted. Lord thank You for Your word. Thank You for your guidance and for your endless supply of what we need in this life - and then some. Amen

No comments: